Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default NYC Speeding Ticket and No Seat Belt Tickets. Both Lack Drivers License

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New York

Just went online to plead not guilty to two traffic tickets I received. One for speeding. The other for driving without a seat belt. Both tickets were issued while I was on the clock working for an employer, driving a company vehicle.

The first thing the online site asks for is my Drivers License #, which is not on either ticket.

The second thing I noticed is my last name is misspelled on both tickets.

The third thing is I haven't lived at the address listed on my license for over 1.5 years.

Strictly from a monetary perspective, wouldn't I just be better off ignoring this since the lack of proper data won't allow the ticket to be traced back to me?

Otherwise, can someone point me to a really cheap traffic ticket lawyer site (if that's allowed here) please?

Thanks.

Default Re: NYC Speeding Ticket and No Seat Belt Tickets. Both Lack Drivers License

We don't do referrals here.

It's never safe to ignore tickets. If they don't automatically get associated with you, the DMV has people who will fix it eventually. If this was a computer printed ticket, I can almost bet they have your license number (which is called the Client ID number anyhow).

When they do catch up with you, you'll find out you're suspended, that there may be a warrant out for you, and it will cost the price of the ticket and another $70 for reinstatement.

Oh, and you should fix your license address. That way when they send the notices of suspension and the like, you'll get them. Further, since the ticket has been issued with your old address, updating it now won't fix the records at the TVB, so you better let them know as well.

Default Re: NYC Speeding Ticket and No Seat Belt Tickets. Both Lack Drivers License

Quote Quoting ciceronyc
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New York

Just went online to plead not guilty to two traffic tickets I received. One for speeding. The other for driving without a seat belt. Both tickets were issued while I was on the clock working for an employer, driving a company vehicle.

The first thing the online site asks for is my Drivers License #, which is not on either ticket.

The second thing I noticed is my last name is misspelled on both tickets.

The third thing is I haven't lived at the address listed on my license for over 1.5 years.

Strictly from a monetary perspective, wouldn't I just be better off ignoring this since the lack of proper data won't allow the ticket to be traced back to me?

Otherwise, can someone point me to a really cheap traffic ticket lawyer site (if that's allowed here) please?

Thanks.
    Ignoring will likely not be a good idea from a "monetary perspective".

If they have your address, even an old one, it is a short jog to getting all the other information correct.

Does your DL have your correct address?

Next time you get pulled over and there's an FTA warrant, you'll be arrested and your car impounded. It'll cost you thousands to get out from under it.

Otherwise, can someone point me to a really cheap traffic ticket lawyer site
    There's no such thing as a cheap traffic ticket lawyer, or any kind of lawyer.

Be prepared to shell out $1500 as a retainer to fight something you are probably guilty of anyway.

If you were driving your own car then they have correct license plate info at their fingertips.

I got a cellphone ticket about five years ago that the LAPD lost for ten months...then they found it. But talking to a traffic ticket attorney is free. And, I know from experience that they can do amazing things.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    We don't do referrals here.

It's never safe to ignore tickets. If they don't automatically get associated with you, the DMV has people who will fix it eventually. If this was a computer printed ticket, I can almost bet they have your license number (which is called the Client ID number anyhow).

When they do catch up with you, you'll find out you're suspended, that there may be a warrant out for you, and it will cost the price of the ticket and another $70 for reinstatement.

Oh, and you should fix your license address. That way when they send the notices of suspension and the like, you'll get them. Further, since the ticket has been issued with your old address, updating it now won't fix the records at the TVB, so you better let them know as well.
    I'll go to the DMV to update my license next week when I have a day off.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Ignoring will likely not be a good idea from a "monetary perspective".

If they have your address, even an old one, it is a short jog to getting all the other information correct.

Does your DL have your correct address?
    My DL address is out of date, but correct. I'll update my DL next week when I have a day off.

Really a bummer considering I'm a first time offender in like 10 years + of driving. These fines are going to cost me like $400+. I make $17/hr doing essential service for NYC.

I am poor and unable to make $400 in payments with NYC rent etc.

rant: meanwhile, in the last few weeks of work, I've been threatened THREE times with violence while on the job. An angry pedestrian smashed the passenger side rear view mirror on my company vehicle, a garbage truck driver kicked over the vehicle I was servicing on the side of the road, and a thug chased me down the road after HE stole a vehicle I was servicing. Where were the cops then??

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Next time you get pulled over and there's an FTA warrant, you'll be arrested and your car impounded. It'll cost you thousands to get out from under it.

There's no such thing as a cheap traffic ticket lawyer, or any kind of lawyer.

Be prepared to shell out $1500 as a retainer to fight something you are probably guilty of anyway.
    As most of your fear mongering, anti-societal posts, that is totally wrong! They cost about $200-$300.

I know this because I have hired them. Have you?

Quote Quoting ciceronyc
    View Post
    Sure...give that a shot and see how it goes. Come back here in ten years when this comes back to bite you. LOL.

Quote Quoting ciceronyc
    View Post
    No one here is going to give you a referral, but you can click the "LAWYERS" menu button near the top of the screen and search for local lawyers.

Query why you want to fight this ticket. Is it your position that you were driving at or under the posted speed limit and were wearing your seatbelt?

Maybe I'll look into self representation. Pro Se.

1. Defer the court date to reduce chances officer shows
    2. First time offender. Literally zero infractions in over 10 years
    3. COVID-19, riots, and I'm an essential worker making barely over minimum wage.

Quote Quoting ciceronyc
    View Post
    Really a bummer considering I'm a first time offender in like 10 years + of driving. These fines are going to cost me like $400+. I make $17/hr doing essential service for NYC.

I am poor and unable to make $400 in payments with NYC rent etc.
    You'd think a person in that financial position would assiduously follow the law by not speeding and always wearing his/her seatbelt.

Quote Quoting ciceronyc
    View Post
    1. Defer the court date to reduce chances officer shows
    2. First time offender. Literally zero infractions in over 10 years
    3. COVID-19, riots, and I'm an essential worker making barely over minimum wage.
    #1 is illogical and #2 and #3 are legally irrelevant. Doesn't mean you won't catch a break, though.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast