Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: NYC Speeding Ticket and No Seat Belt Tickets. Both Lack Drivers License

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Chances are you're not going anywhere near a court. Most NY tickets are handled now b y the Traffic Violations Bureau, an administrative office of the DMV.
    If they handle the citations then they would undoubtedly be authorized to reduce the fine for a person impacted by Covid.

Default Re: NYC Speeding Ticket and No Seat Belt Tickets. Both Lack Drivers License

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    ...The famous last words of nearly everyone here.

So now you have the 'circumstantial knowledge' of a lawyer who specializes in traffic cases? You wouldn't know of a defense if it hit you in the head. It's just not how your people-hating brain works.

I disagree! They are very relevant if the OP is asking for a fine reduction, a payment plan or traffic school.
    thanks Harold.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Chances are you're not going anywhere near a court. Most NY tickets are handled now b y the Traffic Violations Bureau, an administrative office of the DMV.
    Interesting. I'll make note of the TVB and mention it to any lawyers I might speak with

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    If they handle the citations then they would undoubtedly be authorized to reduce the fine for a person impacted by Covid.
    Impacted by COVID big time. Your empathy is appreciated. Looking for jobs now is literally like this dog ---> https://i.imgur.com/8yuE0lA.jpg

Quote Quoting ciceronyc
    View Post
    I'll go to the DMV to update my license next week when I have a day off.
    You don’t actually have to go to the DMV, it’s a lot easier to follow their online instructions: How to change your address.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    The truth is the court system is heavily stacked against you, even if you were going 35mph in a 35mph zone. The officer will show up in his fancy uniform and walk all over you because he has done it hundreds of times. They are trained how to defeat you. It's all a game to them.
    Who's fear mongering now?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Who's fear mongering now?

Have you ever fought a citation in traffic court and experienced anything different? If so, please tell.

So when other responders share their experiences (or even simply define the law in question) and it's a negative response we're fearmongering. But when Harold does it he's simply telling the truth.

Interesting, that.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    So when other responders share their experiences (or even simply define the law in question) and it's a negative response we're fearmongering. But when Harold does it he's simply telling the truth.

Interesting, that.
    As said, if you have a different experience fighting a citation in traffic court, please, by all means, share it.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post

Interesting, that.
    My daughter once got two tickets. One for Speeding, and one for a minor in possession of tobacco. She was driving my car and I smoked at the time, and the officer gave her the ticket because the car smelled like smoke and because one of her friends in the back seat had a pack of cigarettes.

I decided to fight the tickets. However, when the paperwork came back it appeared that the officer had been sloppy and copied everything off the registration instead of my daughter's license, so it came back that the tickets were in MY name. So, I got proof that I was at work at the time and went to court.

The balliff called my name and took my paperwork. Looked up at me, looked back down at the paperwork again, then looked back up at me. He then went over and showed the paperwork to the prosecutor and then came back and told me I was free to go.

My theory was that the prosecutor did not want the judge to see that a 50+ aged woman had been given a ticket for being a minor in possession of tobacco...LOL.

Another time, when I was 19 and a sophmore in college I was home for a few days and my mother asked me to pick up my brother at the high school. I got there early and was sitting in my car in the parking lot smoking a cigarette. He didn't even give me a chance to explain that I wasn't a student. The rent a cop busting me for being a minor with cigarettes and for cutting class. He told me, that we were going to see the dean. I said OK.

So, some needed background: My dad was president of the school board at the time and I new the dean very well.

We get to the dean's office and she jumps up and says "Laura, how nice to see you, how are things going at IU?" We chatted for a moment and then she asked why we were there. I explained that the officer had busted me for smoking in my car and for cutting class. She laughed very hard and explain to the officer that I had graduated two years prior and that I was the daughter of the school board president and the officer looked like he shrunk 6 inches. She politely suggested that he might want to check ID in the future before he dragged anyone else to the dean's office.

I'm speaking in general terms, Harold.

Personally, I've never had a traffic citation.

Again, no traffic court involved here.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast