Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can You Build a Playground and Sell It Using Someone Else's Plans

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You wrote "tweaked" which isn't the same as inspired by.
    Amazing how you pollute these pages with your desperate need to be right about something.

Tweak can also mean change, modify or alter a design so it is not longer a 'copy' of a patented design.

Why don't you go for a drive and honk at somebody? It will probably be more enjoyable for you.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Amazing how you pollute these pages with your desperate need to be right about something.

Tweak can also mean change, modify or alter a design so it is not longer a 'copy' of a patented design.

Why don't you go for a drive and honk at somebody? It will probably be more enjoyable for you.

What is amazing is how you simply can't admit when you are wrong. You gave two hypothetical examples. I simply showed a case (one among many) where your example was wrong. I then asked for a real-world example of your second hypothetical.

All you can do is come back and call me names and blather.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    What is amazing is how you simply can't admit when you are wrong.
    Like I said, go for a drive and look for someone to do something wrong, then HONK and them. But that would require pushing the keyboard away or actually going outside.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    So why can't a swing-set be changed in a way to make it not a copy of another patented swing-set?
    It possibly could be sufficiently different not to infringe on the rights of the other company. But in order for the OP to figure out if his plans will infringe on the rights of that other company he'll need to see an intellectual property lawyer. There is no way to make that determination without reviewing both sets of plans in detail as well as reviewing exactly what the OP intends to do with his plans. And that's not something that's going to be able to be done here.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    It possibly could be sufficiently different not to infringe on the rights of the other company. But in order for the OP to figure out if his plans will infringe on the rights of that other company he'll need to see an intellectual property lawyer. There is no way to make that determination without reviewing both sets of plans in detail as well as reviewing exactly what the OP intends to do with his plans. And that's not something that's going to be able to be done here.
    Was he asking for that to be done here? Or was he asking a simple generic question?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Was he asking for that to be done here? Or was he asking a simple generic question?
    There was nothing generic about his question. The OP gave us the name and state of the owner of the IP and then wrote "Could I use my modified plans to build and sell playsets as a side job?" THat is pretty specific.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    There was nothing generic about his question. The OP gave us the name and state of the owner of the IP and then wrote "Could I use my modified plans to build and sell playsets as a side job?" THat is pretty specific.
    Did he attach a set of plans for us to review? NO! Then it is a generic question IMO.

Did you go out and honk at someone yet?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    He asked this:
    Quote Quoting jnels
    View Post
    So, I modified the plans a built it slightly different. Could I use my modified plans to build and sell playsets as a side job?
    The answer to that is maybe, but the details of the changes matter a great deal, and to get the advice he needs regarding his specific plans he'll need to see an intellectual property attorney for advice. He won't get that answer on these boards.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Did he attach a set of plans for us to review? NO!
    Then why, without having such an attachment, did you think he could do it?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    What is amazing is how. . .
    . . . y'all continue to clutter up threads by arguing with this ass clown.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2