Default Forgot to Put Plaque in the Window

My question involves a tow forgetting to place my disabled plaque in the window. My daughter moved my car from a none disabled spot to a disabled spot so she can load up some things because we were heading out. She (my daughter) forgot to place the disabled plaque in the window n within 8 mins of us getting the rest of the things to put in the car someone from my apt complex said the same Tow truck that's always circling the complex 3 to 4 times a week is towing ur car b4 I can get down the stairs it was gone. This is the same Truck I passed up coming back from the store he was in the corner parked. Once i found out the number by calling my apt complex they gave me there number to the tow place the same day 6/26/2020 i called them Friday the same day as the tow so i can get my car back because they we're suppose to have after hour available and here it is Sunday n I still havent recieved a call to get my car. N they have a after hour process available No Call. As I explained to them I have a Heart problem, n my 8yr old daughter has a heart problem n our meds was in the car bcuz we all we're about to leave on a trip. STILL NO RESPONSE WHAT DO I DO IM ON DISABILITY N SET INCOME I DONT HAVE THE EXTRA MONEY FOR ALL THESE OTHER DAYS BCUZ THE TOW PLACE DIDNT ABIDE BY THE AFTER HOUR POLICY.. I NEED HELP PLZ

My question involves a tow forgetting to place my disabled plaque in the window. My daughter moved my car from a none disabled spot to a disabled spot so she can load up some things because we were heading out. She (my daughter) forgot to place the disabled plaque in the window n within 8 mins of us getting the rest of the things to put in the car someone from my apt complex said the same Tow truck that's always circling the complex 3 to 4 times a week is towing ur car b4 I can get down the stairs it was gone. This is the same Truck I passed up coming back from the store he was in the corner parked. Once i found out the number by calling my apt complex they gave me there number to the tow place the same day 6/26/2020 i called them Friday the same day as the tow so i can get my car back because they we're suppose to have after hour available and here it is Sunday n I still havent recieved a call to get my car. N they have a after hour process available No Call. As I explained to them I have a Heart problem, n my 8yr old daughter has a heart problem n our meds was in the car bcuz we all we're about to leave on a trip. STILL NO RESPONSE WHAT DO I DO IM ON DISABILITY N SET INCOME I DONT HAVE THE EXTRA MONEY FOR ALL THESE OTHER DAYS BCUZ THE TOW PLACE DIDNT ABIDE BY THE AFTER HOUR POLICY.. I NEED HELP PLZ

Default Re: Forgot to Put Plaque in the Window

How old is your daughter?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    How old is your daughter?
    My daughter is 21.. This tow company did neglected to follow the Vehicle code 22658 which implies that A Tow company cant not drive around a apt complex looking for cars to tow they must have been called n requested to have the car towed by the Property Owner or Property Manager Neither of which called to have my vehicle towed it was there 8-10 mins tops they failed to abide by the California Towing Laws. From the findings and research of the Towing laws so towers cant prey on the weak.. The CHP was called after it was towed, but I wasnt in any kinda accident

My daughter is 21.. This tow company did neglected to follow the Vehicle code 22658 which implies that A Tow company cant not drive around a apt complex looking for cars to tow they must have been called n requested to have the car towed by the Property Owner or Property Manager Neither of which called to have my vehicle towed it was there 8-10 mins tops they failed to abide by the California Towing Laws. From the findings and research of the Towing laws so towers cant prey on the weak.. The CHP was called after it was towed, but I wasnt in any kinda accident

Quote Quoting Colekey41
    View Post
    My daughter is 21.. This tow company did neglected to follow the Vehicle code 22658 which implies that A Tow company cant not drive around a apt complex looking for cars to tow they must have been called n requested to have the car towed by the Property Owner or Property Manager Neither of which called to have my vehicle towed it was there 8-10 mins tops they failed to abide by the California Towing Laws. From the findings and research of the Towing laws so towers cant prey on the weak.. The CHP was called after it was towed, but I wasn't in any kinda accident
    This exact thing happened to me about 10 years ago in CA. A local store manager would sign, date and hand tow authorization forms to the tow company every night at the close of business. The tow company would then tow cars out of their lot all night long. After getting my car towed I researched the towing laws and discovered what you did...that in order to legally tow a car off private property a land owner or an agent of the property owner MUST be present DURING the hookup and tow.

I contacted the owner of the tow company and told him he was towing cars every night from this lot illegally, and, if he did not refund my money ($280) I would take the story to the local throwaway newspaper. Even though he sounded Middle-eastern he offered to double my money back. But by the time I got down there for my refund, he retracted the "double" part and only refunded the original charge.

I suggest calling the owner of the tow company as I did and threaten to take it to the police. Tow companies are often heartless scumbags.

Quote Quoting Colekey41
    View Post

My daughter is 21.. This tow company did neglected to follow the Vehicle code 22658 which implies that A Tow company cant not drive around a apt complex looking for cars to tow they must have been called n requested to have the car towed by the Property Owner or Property Manager Neither of which called to have my vehicle towed it was there 8-10 mins tops they failed to abide by the California Towing Laws.
    Looks like the section requiring the presence of the complex's agent (l)(1)(a) was violated along with (a)(2) that requires the issuance of notice of a violation and a 96 hour waiting period.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=22658.

I'd be going after the apartment owners and the towing company.

By the way, why do you keep posting the same paragraph twice?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post

By the way, why do you keep posting the same paragraph twice?
    Do you expect that she has a purpose for doing that or could you wildly assume it was an accident?

BTW, why did you ask for the girl's age?

1. Sponsored Links