Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Complex Bankruptcy

What do you mean by un-bundling of services?
    Its also called limited scope appearance...

Should you ever change your mind, here is some informational material for your.
    https://www.americanbar.org/groups/d...s_by_state/#il

Default Re: Complex Bankruptcy

Quote Quoting prosepursuit
    View Post
    Well, if I loose, I will pay. I was just saying that I will live the spartan life stile while paying. My best guess is that I could have it payed off in about 2 to 3 years.
    Hopefully I don't loose my job or anything.

Paying is unconscionable. It feels like I'm being raped. That may be an exaggeration, but what I am trying to say is that I was treated unfairly. This is why I am fighting.

If you were walking down a dark street and a couple of guys grab you, and says aye give us your money. You might pay.
    However, if those same set of guys says aye pull your pants down so we can rape you. Your likely going to fight.
    This is the best way I can explain how I feel about this situation.

Also, right now. I am using mostly time and very little money. Lets skip the alchemic conversation of how time equals money... Or the time your spending fighting could be used getting a second job or a side hustle.

My question to you is, why are you so apposed to a person fighting for what they believe in?

How do you find an attorney? I've tried using linked, never got a response on there.
    I tried calling the American Bar association, I could not seem to ever get to a real person.
    I tried an attorneys list from Justia.com, no luck there.

I'm looking for an attorney who offers unbundled services in Illinois.
    It feels like trying to catch a leprechaun.
    As a guy who was also raped by the legal system I only have this advice: It will get better.

I completely understand you using the term "rape" to explain how you were treated by the family courts system. The helplessness you feel when the judge orders you to pay MORE in alimony & CS than you make every month. The helplessness that even when the kids are thrown out of their moms house and come live with you, you are scared to go back to the courts to modify the custody and CS because you know that would trigger her to change her mind, and the courts will side with her. The struggle with fighting this pro se because you can't afford an attorney, yet she has multiple legal agencies that will help her because "she's a single mom you know!". I've been that guy, and I promise you that IT WILL GET BETTER.

While it's not politically correct to use the term "raped", it is pretty accurate to describe how one party exerts complete dominance over another party while inflicting great harm. There is little wonder why so many men commit suicide as that is often the only way the can see to get out of the horrific family court system.

But, like I said, it will get better. If you can live the spartan lifestyle for 2-3 years as you get this paid off, and then for another few years after that as you sock away money, you will wake up one day and realize that you've made it. You can build a great life being part of your kids, and grandkids, lives.

There are LOTS of attorneys. Most of them suck.

Finding a good attorney is incredibly difficult. Any attorney can write letters or mediate simple disputes, but for representation on a complex issue like this you need a GREAT attorney. My divorce was similarly complex and I went through 4 attorneys (in 2 different states) before finding a truly great one. How do you find one? I don't know.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3