Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Complex Bankruptcy

You will want to retain a BK attorney if you are going to file, especially if you have a habit of pissing off judges.
    lol. thx.

Quote Quoting prosepursuit
    View Post
    Not true, a void judgment can be challenged at any time. In any court.

Also, what kind of forum is this. I may be in the wrong forum.
    Is this a forum for lawyers? Is this a forum for people who want to ask legal questions so they can be more informed when they deal with their lawyer?
    Is this a forum for pro se litigants?

I only ask because this may not be the right place for me. I want to avoid upsetting the community with my post.
    That's the kind of "shoot the messenger" response we often get from people who want to be told they are right, and aren't.

I don't believe you will ever get out from under the arrears. The government will wring it out from you bit by bit beyond your dying day when it comes out of your estate before your heirs can inherit anything.

That's the kind of "shoot the messenger" response we often get from people who want to be told they are right, and aren't.
    I'm puzzled? I am not sure how my last comment was a "shoot the messenger comment". I was simply trying to figure out if the community wanted me around?

I don't believe you will ever get out from under the arrears. The government will wring it out from you bit by bit beyond your dying day when it comes out of your estate before your heirs can inherit anything.
    You may be right? My intentions are to fight? If I loose and have to appeal, I will pay and appeal at the same time.
    I grew up extremely poor. I am comfortable with only having a bed and a roof. I dont mind living the spartan life style until its payed off.

View Post
    I'm puzzled? I am not sure how my last comment was a "shoot the messenger comment". I was simply trying to figure out if the community wanted me around?

You may be right? My intentions are to fight? If I loose and have to appeal, I will pay and appeal at the same time.
    I grew up extremely poor. I am comfortable with only having a bed and a roof. I dont mind living the spartan life style until its payed off.
    If you don't mind living the spartan life style until it's paid off, then why waste the time and money on court cases? I can see doing it if the arrears are something that you really should not owe, for reasons you haven't disclosed, but its a rare thing for arrears to be a mistake of some sort.

However if the arrears are honestly a mistake of some sort, then bankruptcy isn't a short cut to make them go away, and a bankruptcy could end up imposing more hardship upon you than having to live a spartan life in the short term.

And by the way, the community isn't opposed to having you here, its just that its difficult to give reasonable advice when people are leaving out a lot of information. No one wants a novel, but some facts are helpful.

View Post
    I am comfortable with only having a bed and a roof. I dont mind living the spartan life style until its payed off.
    Just like my son. The state intercepts his tax refunds and part of his paychecks whenever he works a W-2 job. The state took his $1200 stimulus check. His answer, similar to yours, is to live off the grid, in a storage container in a commercial parking lot, and do odd jobs for local fly by night businesses in exchange for a daily handout that keeps him fed. Some day, when he collects social security, what little that may be, the state will take a big chunk of that, too. Meantime, what little the state wrings out of him doesn't cover the interest that accrues every year.

You want that kind of life, be my guest.

Just like my son. The state intercepts his tax refunds and part of his paychecks whenever he works a W-2 job. The state took his $1200 stimulus check. His answer, similar to yours, is to live off the grid, in a storage container in a commercial parking lot, and do odd jobs for local fly by night businesses in exchange for a daily handout that keeps him fed. Some day, when he collects social security, what little that may be, the state will take a big chunk of that, too. Meantime, what little the state wrings out of him doesn't cover the interest that accrues every year.

You want that kind of life, be my guest.
    Well, if I loose, I will pay. I was just saying that I will live the spartan life stile while paying. My best guess is that I could have it payed off in about 2 to 3 years.
    Hopefully I don't loose my job or anything.

If you don't mind living the spartan life style until it's paid off, then why waste the time and money on court cases? I can see doing it if the arrears are something that you really should not owe, for reasons you haven't disclosed, but its a rare thing for arrears to be a mistake of some sort.
    Paying is unconscionable. It feels like I'm being raped. That may be an exaggeration, but what I am trying to say is that I was treated unfairly. This is why I am fighting.

If you were walking down a dark street and a couple of guys grab you, and says aye give us your money. You might pay.
    However, if those same set of guys says aye pull your pants down so we can rape you. Your likely going to fight.
    This is the best way I can explain how I feel about this situation.

Also, right now. I am using mostly time and very little money. Lets skip the alchemic conversation of how time equals money... Or the time your spending fighting could be used getting a second job or a side hustle.

My question to you is, why are you so apposed to a person fighting for what they believe in?

Again, please find a well qualified attorney.
    How do you find an attorney? I've tried using linked, never got a response on there.
    I tried calling the American Bar association, I could not seem to ever get to a real person.
    I tried an attorneys list from Justia.com, no luck there.

I'm looking for an attorney who offers unbundled services in Illinois.
    It feels like trying to catch a leprechaun.

"It feels like I'm being raped. That may be an exaggeration, but what I am trying to say is that I was treated unfairly. This is why I am fighting.

If you were walking down a dark street and a couple of guys grab you, and says aye give us your money. You might pay.
    However, if those same set of guys says aye pull your pants down so we can rape you. Your likely going to fight.
    This is the best way I can explain how I feel about this situation..."

Unless you have been physically sexually assaulted, no this is NOT anything like rape. Please stop using that analogy EVER. It downplays people who have been sexually assaulted who will live with those consequences FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

You chose to have sex with and later a child with this person. You or they chose to not stay together and a custody order was granted with child support. While you might not have agreed with it, it was what was required by the courts based on YOUR decisions. Rape/Sexual assault is not and should not be blamed on the victim. You want to be the victim here, but YOU made choices to be in the situation your were in. I like how you've conveniently left out WHY you got into 2-3 years of arrears anyway.

I do apologize in advance, but using RAPE as an example of how you are "feeling" about this? It's just WRONG!

View Post

How do you find an attorney? I've tried using linked, never got a response on there.
    I tried calling the American Bar association, I could not seem to ever get to a real person.
    I tried an attorneys list from Justia.com, no luck there.

It feels like trying to catch a leprechaun.
    It boggles my mind that so many people have so much trouble finding an attorney.

Here's how you find an attorney.

1 ringy dingy, 2 ringy dingy
    "Family Law Office, Good Morning"
    "Good morning, I'd like to make an appointment with an attorney to discuss my child support case."
    "OK, Bob Smith has an opening at 9 AM tomorrow. Would that be convenient?"
    "Yes."
    "Good. Then you're all set."
    "Thank you."

See how easy that is.

When you go to see Bob Smith, bring your checkbook.

Quote Quoting hr for me
    View Post
    "It feels like I'm being raped. That may be an exaggeration, but what I am trying to say is that I was treated unfairly. This is why I am fighting.

This is the best way I can explain how I feel about this situation..."

Unless you have been physically sexually assaulted, no this is NOT anything like rape. Please stop using that analogy EVER. It downplays people who have been sexually assaulted who will live with those consequences FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

You chose to have sex with and later a child with this person. You or they chose to not stay together and a custody order was granted with child support. While you might not have agreed with it, it was what was required by the courts based on YOUR decisions. Rape/Sexual assault is not and should not be blamed on the victim. You want to be the victim here, but YOU made choices to be in the situation your were in. I like how you've conveniently left out WHY you got into 2-3 years of arrears anyway.

I do apologize in advance, but using RAPE as an example of how you are "feeling" about this? It's just WRONG!
    Obviously, the OP knows nothing about what rape does to the victims and how it affects them.

When I see or hear something like this I cringe.

What do you mean by un-bundling of services?

Do you want an attorney who will only handle one aspect of a case? Do you want an attorney who will simply sign whatever pleading you draft and want filed? Do you want an attorney who will only do the oral argument/trial based upon the pleadings you (a pro se litigant) files? Are you going to micromanage the attorney questioning him/her at every turn?

I for one, would never agree to such representation and I suspect no other reputable attorney would either.

Des.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast