Angry There Was No Sign Anywhere

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New Jersey
    I parked my car on a corner with no signs for street cleaning in site. Are officers just giving them out based on assumptions even though the closest sign to my vehicle more than 200 ft away? There was no sign where I parked that mentioned street cleaning or no parking for that matter. Its not about the price but its the principle that these cops give out tickets despite not having any visibile signs to support the ticket.

Default Re: There Was No Sign Anywhere

Quote Quoting Gallego91
    View Post
    Are officers just giving them out based on assumptions even though the closest sign to my vehicle more than 200 ft away?
    No one here will know what officers in Unknownville, NJ are doing, so I'm not really sure what the point of your post is. The ticket describes the means by which you can contest it. Yes?

As mentioned above, itís important in this situation for you to provide details about which municipality issued the ticket and what violation code was on the ticket. Perhaps the code (if available online) will say something about what signs are required.

Often only ONE sign is required per block. No sign has to be posted right in front of you.

But on the other side it didn't say nothing.

Quote Quoting Gallego91
    View Post
    I parked my car on a corner with no signs for street cleaning in site. Are officers just giving them out based on assumptions even though the closest sign to my vehicle more than 200 ft away?
    Then there WAS a sign in sight (not site). You saw it.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Then there WAS a sign in sight (not site). You saw it.
    After the fact...not at the time. 200 ft away is not "in sight" for most people. It certainly wouldn't be for me.

Quote Quoting Gallego91
    View Post
    I parked my car on a corner with no signs for street cleaning in site. Are officers just giving them out based on assumptions even though the closest sign to my vehicle more than 200 ft away? There was no sign where I parked that mentioned street cleaning or no parking for that matter. Its not about the price but its the principle that these cops give out tickets despite not having any visibile signs to support the ticket.
    In some cases in NJ there will be a sign when entering the municipality or city that says what regulations are for parking and street cleaning. That is sufficient to put you on notice.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    After the fact...not at the time. 200 ft away is not "in sight" for most people. It certainly wouldn't be for me.
    200' is about 11 car lengths, maybe 4 houses on 50' wide lots. OP would certainly have passed the sign driving down the street to where he parked.

1. Sponsored Links