Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Forgot to Pay for a Plant at Lowes, Walked Out from Exit While on Phone

My question involves criminal law for the state of:kansas
    its been two days ? will they charge me for shoplifting i want to go back and pay.
    but not sure if that will make it more complicated?
    And that plant is the only thing thats in my cart , its worth like $75

Default Re: Forgot to Pay for a Plant at Lowes, Walked Out from Exit While on Phone

Go back, explain you noticed the plant wasn't paid for when you checked your receipt. Oh wait, you don't have a receipt. Offer to pay. They will just take your money and maybe thank you for your honesty.

It is unlikely the customer service people will even get LP involved.

Just so you know, yours is a story many shoplifters will try if they get caught. So if LP is around and you do something stupid like that again, odds are very good they are going to grab you up depending on what else they may have observed.
    I am the Mouse Man

Default Re: Forgot to Pay for a Plant at Lowes, Walked Out from Exit While on Phone

Quote Quoting lowes
    View Post
    its been two days ? will they charge me for shoplifting i want to go back and pay.
    So you are a complete bubble head or you have shoplifter's remorse. You go to a store and put one item in your cart, the plant. You walk out of the store without paying for the only item that you went to shop for because you were distracted being on the phone. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? At the very least, you would have realized that you did not pay after you got off your phone and found yourself in the car.

Don't go back to the store to confess your crime. They could make an example of you that could leave you with a criminal record. Just wait to see if they pursue you and deal with it when the time comes.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Go back, explain you noticed the plant wasn't paid for when you checked your receipt. Oh wait, you don't have a receipt. Offer to pay. They will just take your money and maybe thank you for your honesty.

It is unlikely the customer service people will even get LP involved.

Just so you know, yours is a story many shoplifters will try if they get caught. So if LP is around and you do something stupid like that again, odds are very good they are going to grab you up depending on what else they may have observed.
    Sorry but I disagree with this advice. The risk is too high that they will do something more than just happily take your money.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Sorry but I disagree with this advice. The risk is too high that they will do something more than just happily take your money.
    If they were to do something, which based on the current state of Lowe's LP system I highly doubt and my 10+ years in LP, it would be a chicken$%^! move by the LP person. Could it happen? Sure but the odds of it are so low as to be near an impossibility. But OP is free to keep plant they stole if it's a concern for them.
    I am the Mouse Man

whats the chance them seeing surveillance getting my car plates and tracking me ?

Quote Quoting lowes
    View Post
    whats the chance them seeing surveillance getting my car plates and tracking me ?
    Depends on the store. Possibly really good or possibly really bad.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
    The reason talking on a cellphone while driving a car is illegal is because it is proven to be distracting. This would apply to walking while talking on a phone too, unless you can tell why it would only be distracting to 'bubble heads.'

So...you put a $75 plant in your shopping cart and then not only proceeded to walk out of the store with it, but you also loaded it into your car and took it home. Right?

How could you claim with a straight face that you "forgot to pay" for the plant? A $75 plant has to be fairly sizable and, while can see accidentally walking out forgetfully while on the phone, I couldn't find what you appear to be describing as credible.

By the way, posting about your crime on the internet and including identification of the victim of the crime was not terribly smart. You even chose the store name as your screen name?! It appears there are only a dozen or so of the stores that you mentioned in the state that you mentioned, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult for you to be identified from this thread.

At the end of the day, no one here can how what might happen or how the store personnel might react if you return and tell your implausible story.

Quote Quoting lowes
    View Post
    Go back to the store. Confess, sinner. Take whatever punishment you deserve.

Quote Quoting lowes
    View Post
    Excellent.

They could be on the way to your door right now.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast