Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Forgot to Pay for a Plant at Lowes, Walked Out from Exit While on Phone

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    So...you put a $75 plant in your shopping cart and then not only proceeded to walk out of the store with it, but you also loaded it into your car and took it home. Right?

How could you claim with a straight face that you "forgot to pay" for the plant? A $75 plant has to be fairly sizable and, while can see accidentally walking out forgetfully while on the phone, I couldn't find what you appear to be describing as credible.

By the way, posting about your crime on the internet and including identification of the victim of the crime was not terribly smart. You even chose the store name as your screen name?! It appears there are only a dozen or so of the stores that you mentioned in the state that you mentioned, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult for you to be identified from this thread.

At the end of the day, no one here can how what might happen or how the store personnel might react if you return and tell your implausible story.
    Do you also find it "implausible" how a person can run a red light or veer out of their lane while talking on the phone. I suppose they do that intentionally too, huh?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Go back to the store. Confess, sinner. Take whatever punishment you deserve.
    Funny, what I watch you do here every day is a 'sin.' Using your sparse knowledge of the law to hurt and criticize people.

Default Re: Forgot to Pay for a Plant at Lowes, Walked Out from Exit While on Phone

Quote Quoting lowes
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of:kansas
    its been two days ? will they charge me for shoplifting i want to go back and pay.
    but not sure if that will make it more complicated?
    And that plant is the only thing thats in my cart , its worth like $75
    I don't suggest going back, telling them that you walked out with the plant without paying for it, and then offering to pay for it. While I agree with most of the others that it's not likely the store would make a criminal complaint about it and even if it does, it is unlikely on these facts that the prosecutor would take up the case, there is at least some possibility (small though it is) that those things could happen. If you want to do the right thing in paying for the plant, I suggest you get a money order for the $75 and send it anonymously to the company (and keep a record of the money order). That way you'll not have said anything to store personnel that could potentially be used against you or drawn any attention to yourself at the store over it.

View Post
    Go back to the store. Confess, sinner. Take whatever punishment you deserve.
    On this occasion Jack I'm going to say you've provided very poor advice.

View Post
    Excellent.

They could be on the way to your door right now.
    That's extremely unlikely.

went back payed for it told i was so sorry and really not mean to shplift . END OF STORY . Thank you all for scaring the shit out of me

Quote Quoting lowes
    View Post
    Thank you all for scaring the shit out of me
    That was the idea.

So you'll never do it again.

View Post
    That was the idea.

So you'll never do it again.
    So after all that was said and done, you still think the OP intentionally stole the plant?

If so, there is no help for you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2