Default Red Light Camera Ticket - No Expert Witness

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA

Hello, if one receives a red light camera ticket in CA, can we do a TWD or go to court and at least argue no officer was there to witness the violation? Doesn't CA law need an officer to witness the traffic violation in person?

2. Can I ignore the ticket? They have no proof I received the ticket in the mail? They send by regular USPS, no tracking #.

3. If I go to court, who shows up on the side of the government if a machine took the photo?

Default Re: Red Light Camera Ticket - No Expert Witness

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    Hello, if one receives a red light camera ticket in CA, can we do a TWD
    We? Tickets are typically issued to only a single person. The procedure for contesting such a ticket will depend to some extent on the city and county where it was issued.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    or go to court and at least argue no officer was there to witness the violation?
    You can argue anything you like, but if that were a defense, then red light camera tickets wouldn't be a thing, so such an argument would be patently illogical.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    Doesn't CA law need an officer to witness the traffic violation in person?
    No. Is there a particular section of the Vehicle Code that you think imposes such a requirement? If not, what would make you think that such a requirement might exist?

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    Can I ignore the ticket?
    I have little doubt that you have this ability.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    They have no proof I received the ticket in the mail?
    Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question. If you intended it as a declarative statement, I'm not sure who "they" are or why you think this matters.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    If I go to court, who shows up on the side of the government if a machine took the photo?
    One would assume that any witness would be an employee of the company that maintains the camera.

There are attorneys who specialize in traffic matters. Contact one of them. Depending upon the jurisdiction, they may be able to get the ticket dismissed.

Check out these websites, they should answer all your questions.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post

Hello, if one receives a red light camera ticket in CA, can we do a TWD or go to court and at least argue no officer was there to witness the violation? Doesn't CA law need an officer to witness the traffic violation in person?
    The red light camera laws were created to allow the photograph to be the only evidence needed. You won't get anywhere with that argument.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post

2. Can I ignore the ticket? They have no proof I received the ticket in the mail? They send by regular USPS, no tracking #.
    If they eventually have to send a process server the costs and fees will be added to your fine. Ignore it at your peril.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post

3. If I go to court, who shows up on the side of the government if a machine took the photo?
    Again, the laws are written to eliminate the need for anybody to be on the side of the government.

It's photo vs you. Photo wins.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    We? Tickets are typically issued to only a single person. The procedure for contesting such a ticket will depend to some extent on the city and county where it was issued.

You can argue anything you like, but if that were a defense, then red light camera tickets wouldn't be a thing, so such an argument would be patently illogical.

No. Is there a particular section of the Vehicle Code that you think imposes such a requirement? If not, what would make you think that such a requirement might exist?

I have little doubt that you have this ability.

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question. If you intended it as a declarative statement, I'm not sure who "they" are or why you think this matters.

One would assume that any witness would be an employee of the company that maintains the camera.
    Thanks PG1067 for your smart aleck response.

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    Thanks PG1067 for your smart aleck response.
    Just imagine what kind of person it would take to write such crap. Can you say internet troll?

Weedkill3,
    Where in CA did you get the red light camera ticket? If it was in LA County you can throw it away because they will not pursue you.

Oh, that's right, pg1067 has absolutely no idea who "they" are. Allow me to explain for His Denseness: "They" are the kind folks who issued the ticket.

http://highwayrobbery.net/redlightca...DocsContd.html

Quote Quoting weedkill3
    View Post
    Thanks PG1067
    You're welcome. If you focus on what I wrote, as opposed to some perceived tone, you might actually learn something.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    You're welcome. If you focus on what I wrote, as opposed to some perceived tone, you might actually learn something.
    Learn what? How to be a smarta$$ and an internet troll?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Learn what? How to be a smarta$$ and an internet troll?
    He has plenty of your posts to learn that skill. Oh no wait, your posts would each how to be a dumba$$ internet troll.

1. Sponsored Links