Default Can You Get a Personal Criminal Report from a State You Donít Live in

I have been a teacher the past 4 years in China. I just tried to change schools to a new province. I have run into a problem because the new requirements of China are to have an authenticated no-criminal report for completing the new work permit.

My question is: can I get a report from a state I donít live in so that it will come back with no records found?

20 years ago while a 19 year old college student I got arrested for being drunk. It shows up on my California and fbi report. Unfortunately this is enough to make it useless. In China they donít care ďwhyĒ. They just want to see the words no record found. You can not appeal to them with logic or sympathy. I am a good person and not a criminal in any way.
    I had the idea of getting my fingerprints and criminal report from a state other than California and having it authenticated through that state department.
    Will I be able to do this?

Default Re: Can You Get a Personal Criminal Report from a State You Donít Live in

Quote Quoting BobbyBower
    View Post
    I have been a teacher the past 4 years in China. I just tried to change schools to a new province. I have run into a problem because the new requirements of China are to have an authenticated no-criminal report for completing the new work permit.

My question is: can I get a report from a state I don’t live in so that it will come back with no records found?
    You might get a report from some other state that just looks at the records for that state and says no criminal records found. Whether that would satisfy the Chinese officials is another matter. If they understand much about the basic set up of the U.S. legal system they'd not accept a report from a state in which you never lived, nor a report that does not include the FBI report — they'd want to see both federal and state offenses, after all. And I'd be concerned how the Chinese authorities would react if you succeeded and the Chinese government accepts the report and then later finds out you deliberately avoided providing the report from the places you actually lived to conceal your criminal record. They might never find out, but if they do, what kind of trouble would that get you? My impression is that China is much harsher about that sort of thing when it uncovers it than Western nations would be. You'd know the system there better having lived there; I'm just raising some food for thought.

Default Re: Can You Get a Personal Criminal Report from a State You Donít Live in

I would imagine that trying to defraud the Chinese government would not go well for you.

1. Sponsored Links