Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: the George Floyd Situation, Et Al. I Have an Idea on How to Help, but Have No I

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    So, Bud, you are, as usual, spouting your usual claptrap about the left and our great conspiracies about our Machiavellian schemes to discredit Trump (not that he doesn't do just fine on his own), the Deep State and more. Bear in m ind that the Obama administration, which is so heavily demonized had exactly zero scandals, zero charges were filed (that I can recall) against his staff and he didn't have a revolving door in his Cabinet. It was a also the right wing nutjobs that seized a BLM building, damaged the building and the ground destroyed archaeological sites, were armed to the teeth etc. Virtually all mass shooters espouse right wing ideologies, the KKK isn't voting for any Democrats. I will say that I do love the rank hypocrisy that is so prevalent and captured on video at Trump and other right wing rallies. Us Lefties certainly aren't perfect but you just can't top some of the patently ridiculous crap I see and hear spewed on the right. The best thing that Trump has done is show that racism, anti-Semitism and the rest are not only alive and well in this country but thriving. He's brought all of them out from under their rocks and into the light.
    I guess you live under a rock wearing rose colored glasses. Be happy in your delusional world. No scandals in the Obama administration? Deep State and conspiracy theories? I guess you don't follow the new these days. Have you heard of General Flynn? At least I gave you the opportunity to vomit your position for the world to see. I was expecting no less from someone.

Default Re: the George Floyd Situation, Et Al. I Have an Idea on How to Help, but Have No I

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    This is such a complete load of BS that I won't even bother to pull it apart. Suffice to say, no one is trying to erase history or our "culture". There is anger about the refusal to acknowledge history, the lack of accountability of police, and no one is trying to do anything to my way of life.

As to there being terrorists, that implies that those who are protesting are using terror but there have been no actions to inspire terror employed by the protesters, no threats of mass violence, mass murders, bombings, poison gas...perhaps you're frightened of new ideas? Is that terrifying? What I don't find terrifying is the removal of statues of the Confederacy and what it represents: the continuation of slavery. The tacit approval of stealing people, tearing apart families for profit, humans as chattel, all things that slavery represents.

As to it all "being allowed" to happen, perhaps you didn't track the news too carefully while you were busy being terrified in your bunker. The police, instead of containing the problems chose to rampage. In Seattle alone there were 12,000 complaints about the behavior of the police. The police openly attacked members of the press who had a right to be where they were. So, who, exactly, were the police protecting?

To protect and serve. That's what police departments all across the nation say is there job. Who are the police protecting, exactly? Who are they serving? I can't get the police to show up when I have an intruder in my house for 30 minutes and when my wife was the victim of a willful vehicle assault the police weren't even interested in taking a report. This is not to say that there aren't good cops, cops who believe in their jobs. Those are the cops who showed up at my house when my daughters boyfriend went missing and his mom found a suicide note in his bed. Later they returned when we found he'd let himself into our house and was hiding in her room planning a murder suicide and they were kind as they loaded him up and took him to the hospital. So that's one good interaction.

Defunding the police is not simply taking all of their funds and disbanding the police. It's cutting their budgets so that money can go to place where it's perhaps needed...like education, which is perennially underfunded. Given the the NYPD has an annual operating budget of $6BN I think that perhaps they can tighten their belt. Six. Billion. Dollars. The LA Unified School district has their own police department, I understand. Their own police department. They have their own well stocked armory which includes RPGs. What does a a school district need an RPG for, let alone their own police force?! Talk about the school to prison pipeline! That money could be much better used for education, which is the purpose of schools in the first place!

So, Bud, you are, as usual, spouting your usual claptrap about the left and our great conspiracies about our Machiavellian schemes to discredit Trump (not that he doesn't do just fine on his own), the Deep State and more. Bear in m ind that the Obama administration, which is so heavily demonized had exactly zero scandals, zero charges were filed (that I can recall) against his staff and he didn't have a revolving door in his Cabinet. It was a also the right wing nutjobs that seized a BLM building, damaged the building and the ground destroyed archaeological sites, were armed to the teeth etc. Virtually all mass shooters espouse right wing ideologies, the KKK isn't voting for any Democrats. I will say that I do love the rank hypocrisy that is so prevalent and captured on video at Trump and other right wing rallies. Us Lefties certainly aren't perfect but you just can't top some of the patently ridiculous crap I see and hear spewed on the right. The best thing that Trump has done is show that racism, anti-Semitism and the rest are not only alive and well in this country but thriving. He's brought all of them out from under their rocks and into the light.
    Mark, how exactly are Whites holding Blacks back solely due to the color of their skin?

The reason I ask is because my 23 year old niece has been staying with me for about a month now. She graduated high school in Boise and moved to Seattle to go to school. She dropped out, became a waitress, and is now out of work. Last night I got a good taste of the extreme Left indoctrination she received from the Seattle ilk. It was disgusting hearing terms like "income redistribution," the contempt for the top 1%, words like "White entitlement" and an expressed opinion that Peter Sagan (the most multi-talented cyclist ever, IMO) should not earn $13M a year. She thinks the rich should be stripped of their capital and it should be 'redistributed' to the inner cities. That they should be in a 95% tax bracket.

The Right are no saints but what do you now think of these two month protests. What exactly do they want from Whites?

I would like to see you debate Candice Owens, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman or Larry Elder...all Blacks that feel the current BLM movement is hurting them more than helping them.

Harold, I have an off topic question for you. This is for my own curiosity. It's not related to any of your posts so don't go looking for the relevance; there isn't any, except to me.

I know that you are currently a contractor. By chance, have you ever worked for a railroad?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Mark, how exactly are Whites holding Blacks back solely due to the color of their skin?

The reason I ask is because my 23 year old niece has been staying with me for about a month now. She graduated high school in Boise and moved to Seattle to go to school. She dropped out, became a waitress, and is now out of work. Last night I got a good taste of the extreme Left indoctrination she received from the Seattle ilk. It was disgusting hearing terms like "income redistribution," the contempt for the top 1%, words like "White entitlement" and an expressed opinion that Peter Sagan (the most multi-talented cyclist ever, IMO) should not earn $13M a year. She thinks the rich should be stripped of their capital and it should be 'redistributed' to the inner cities. That they should be in a 95% tax bracket.

The Right are no saints but what do you now think of these two month protests. What exactly do they want from Whites?

I would like to see you debate Candice Owens, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman or Larry Elder...all Blacks that feel the current BLM movement is hurting them more than helping them.
    Look at the stats, Harold. No one will say, in this day and age, that it's because of the color of their skin but the statistics bear it out. Here, in Seattle, when it comes time to close schools, cease providing some sort of service, repair roads, etc, southwest Seattle gets the cuts. This is where the people of color live, where immigrants live and other working class stiffs live...for now.

I've rarely heard that wealth should be redistributed, here in Seattle. But, consider, only a handful on individual hold a staggering amount. More than 99% of the population as a whole. I find that lopsidedness troubling. I am disgusted by what professional athletes are paid and that someone would pay them so much and white entitlement is a real thing and has often been studied by sociologists. Also, until Reagan, there was a 95% tax bracket and had been for decades (between 90% and 95%). This encouraged businesses to invest profits rather than cash out profits. Also, that tax bracket was for income over, say, $1M (I don't recall what the actual number was).

What do I think of the last two months? You mean of stunning displays of police brutality (12,000 compliant, here in Seattle), the press being intentionally arrested, tear gas canisters (tear gas is not permitted under the Geneva Convention, but we use it against our own civilians) being fired AT protesters, police doing drive-by's with pepper pellets, the use of the military to clear protesters for photo ops, feds snatching people off the street and more? I think that, again, there needs to be a long hard look at how policing works at the micro and macro levels. What do people of color want from white people? They want cops to stop murdering them and the want the cops to not get away with it. Oh, and equity. Not just equality, but equity. I'm not going to itemize what that means, if you don't understand that then I can't explain it.

Finally, the list of prominent black celebrities that you cite as believing that BLM isn't helping them falls a bit flat. These are people that live in the stratosphere as compared to the rest of us. It's a poor comparison. It's also not a great way to lend credibility to your argument. I can provide a list of black celebrities that vehemently support BLM. Clearly a great deal of other POP support BLM as well as us white folks.

For myself, I'm for anything that shakes up the status quo. I want the wealthy to be bit less comfortable and, a bit less wealthy. I want to know that a simple interaction with the police doesn't have to make people fear for their lives. I want better accountability for law enforcement. I could go on.

By the way, Seattle is hardly "far left", by and large. Seattle is pretty milque toast.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Harold, I have an off topic question for you. This is for my own curiosity. It's not related to any of your posts so don't go looking for the relevance; there isn't any, except to me.

I know that you are currently a contractor. By chance, have you ever worked for a railroad?
    No, I don't know anything about that industry. I have worked for the retail clerks union for 13 years, TRW Space and Defense for eight years and been a contractor for about thirty. Do any of those have a similarity to the railroad?

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    Look at the stats, Harold. No one will say, in this day and age, that it's because of the color of their skin but the statistics bear it out. Here, in Seattle, when it comes time to close schools, cease providing some sort of service, repair roads, etc, southwest Seattle gets the cuts. This is where the people of color live, where immigrants live and other working class stiffs live...for now.

I've rarely heard that wealth should be redistributed, here in Seattle. But, consider, only a handful on individual hold a staggering amount. More than 99% of the population as a whole. I find that lopsidedness troubling. I am disgusted by what professional athletes are paid and that someone would pay them so much and white entitlement is a real thing and has often been studied by sociologists. Also, until Reagan, there was a 95% tax bracket and had been for decades (between 90% and 95%). This encouraged businesses to invest profits rather than cash out profits. Also, that tax bracket was for income over, say, $1M (I don't recall what the actual number was).

What do I think of the last two months? You mean of stunning displays of police brutality (12,000 compliant, here in Seattle), the press being intentionally arrested, tear gas canisters (tear gas is not permitted under the Geneva Convention, but we use it against our own civilians) being fired AT protesters, police doing drive-by's with pepper pellets, the use of the military to clear protesters for photo ops, feds snatching people off the street and more? I think that, again, there needs to be a long hard look at how policing works at the micro and macro levels. What do people of color want from white people? They want cops to stop murdering them and the want the cops to not get away with it. Oh, and equity. Not just equality, but equity. I'm not going to itemize what that means, if you don't understand that then I can't explain it.

Finally, the list of prominent black celebrities that you cite as believing that BLM isn't helping them falls a bit flat. These are people that live in the stratosphere as compared to the rest of us. It's a poor comparison. It's also not a great way to lend credibility to your argument. I can provide a list of black celebrities that vehemently support BLM. Clearly a great deal of other POP support BLM as well as us white folks.

For myself, I'm for anything that shakes up the status quo. I want the wealthy to be bit less comfortable and, a bit less wealthy. I want to know that a simple interaction with the police doesn't have to make people fear for their lives. I want better accountability for law enforcement. I could go on.

By the way, Seattle is hardly "far left", by and large. Seattle is pretty milque toast.
    I will respond to this post later but a quick question for anyone. Why do you suppose Carl, our resident policeman, stopped posting within days of the Floyd incident? Could it be because he sees nothing wrong with it...and can only express that to other cops?

I don't know much about any of those industries. Space and Defense might. Something you said reminded me of something from a long time ago and I just wondered if there was a connection. Sounds as if there wasn't. Thanks for indulging my curiosity. Appreciate it.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post

like button

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    No, I don't know anything about that industry. I have worked for the retail clerks union for 13 years, TRW Space and Defense for eight years and been a contractor for about thirty. Do any of those have a similarity to the railroad?

I will respond to this post later but a quick question for anyone. Why do you suppose Carl, our resident policeman, stopped posting within days of the Floyd incident? Could it be because he sees nothing wrong with it...and can only express that to other cops?
    Oh what a yucky thing to say!!! Blewah!!!

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Why do you suppose Carl, our resident policeman, stopped posting within days of the Floyd incident? Could it be because he sees nothing wrong with it...and can only express that to other cops?
    Eat shit, Harrold.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Eat shit, Harrold.
    I would not even ask what your politically sanitized opinion is of why Carl will not post here anymore. But, I have a couple other ideas too. Would you like to hear those?

FYI - The vast majority of cops will not publicly comment on it. And I'd say that at least 20% see nothing wrong with it within their circles. Oh, and 99% of cops would lie on a police report to cover for that murdering SOB.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    But, I have a couple other ideas too. Would you like to hear those?
    No, the only thing I want to hear out of you is the sound of you biting into a big steaming pile.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast