Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: the George Floyd Situation, Et Al. I Have an Idea on How to Help, but Have No I

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    You might think differently if it was your business or home that was destroyed. In the abstract, it is easily forgiven.
    Nope, I wouldn't. Things can be replaced. That is what insurance is for. I'd be mad, no doubt. If I could get my hands on the person doing it, I'd get physical but I would never shoot someone over things.
    I am the Mouse Man

Default Re: the George Floyd Situation, Et Al. I Have an Idea on How to Help, but Have No I

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Nope, I wouldn't. Things can be replaced. That is what insurance is for. I'd be mad, no doubt. If I could get my hands on the person doing it, I'd get physical but I would never shoot someone over things.
    I highly doubt that you have ever lost tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to bad people, so you do not know what you'd be.

Most of those businesses do not have insurance on inventory.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I highly doubt that you have ever lost tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to bad people, so you do not know what you'd be.
    Are you implying I might be happy? Nah. Sad? Yeah, probably.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    So? That is their choice. Still doesn't justify shooting someone. Period. Full stop.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

I'm trying to agree with you on this one Harold but then you go and say that most of the businesses don't have insurance on inventory. I'm sure there are a number of them that do and a number of then that don't have such insurance. But you are pulling the "most" right out of your ass. Unless have talked to these owners how the hell would you know? If it was a news story cite it.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    And with thinking like that we would still be under British rule.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    And with thinking like that we would still be under British rule.

Ah yes, let's equate fighting for freedom from tyrannical rule with property damage. Makes perfect sense.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I'm trying to agree with you on this one Harold but then you go and say that most of the businesses don't have insurance on inventory. I'm sure there are a number of them that do and a number of then that don't have such insurance. But you are pulling the "most" right out of your ass. Unless have talked to these owners how the hell would you know? If it was a news story cite it.
    I am not making the claim. I have heard it on multiple news reports. You know, the folks who are actually interviewing the store owners.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Then why did you start the thread? Do you think your insight into the problem today would result in any significant change? Your problem is you don't understand what is actually happening in this country at this time. This is not about the Floyd killing or the police. This is an attempt to erase our history, our culture, our way of life and for only one reason.

While Floyd's death was tragic and demands some changes in police procedure, do you thing we should defund or disband police departments? Should we rewrite all our laws as a result of the death when those laws have served the communities for over 100 years? The police interact with the public thousands of times a day peaceably. They protect you when you need protection or help.

Peaceful protest is a constitutional right. But when someone destroys public or private property they are domestic terrorists. I would shoot them on sight if I couldn't take them into custody. But in most cases this violence is in states and cities that are democratically controlled. Ask yourself why that is. They allow it to happen to keep the people angry thinking it will help defeat Trump in November. That is the only reason this is allowed to continue in those cities.

IMO you are part of the problem and not the solution.
    This is such a complete load of BS that I won't even bother to pull it apart. Suffice to say, no one is trying to erase history or our "culture". There is anger about the refusal to acknowledge history, the lack of accountability of police, and no one is trying to do anything to my way of life.

As to there being terrorists, that implies that those who are protesting are using terror but there have been no actions to inspire terror employed by the protesters, no threats of mass violence, mass murders, bombings, poison gas...perhaps you're frightened of new ideas? Is that terrifying? What I don't find terrifying is the removal of statues of the Confederacy and what it represents: the continuation of slavery. The tacit approval of stealing people, tearing apart families for profit, humans as chattel, all things that slavery represents.

As to it all "being allowed" to happen, perhaps you didn't track the news too carefully while you were busy being terrified in your bunker. The police, instead of containing the problems chose to rampage. In Seattle alone there were 12,000 complaints about the behavior of the police. The police openly attacked members of the press who had a right to be where they were. So, who, exactly, were the police protecting?

To protect and serve. That's what police departments all across the nation say is there job. Who are the police protecting, exactly? Who are they serving? I can't get the police to show up when I have an intruder in my house for 30 minutes and when my wife was the victim of a willful vehicle assault the police weren't even interested in taking a report. This is not to say that there aren't good cops, cops who believe in their jobs. Those are the cops who showed up at my house when my daughters boyfriend went missing and his mom found a suicide note in his bed. Later they returned when we found he'd let himself into our house and was hiding in her room planning a murder suicide and they were kind as they loaded him up and took him to the hospital. So that's one good interaction.

Defunding the police is not simply taking all of their funds and disbanding the police. It's cutting their budgets so that money can go to place where it's perhaps needed...like education, which is perennially underfunded. Given the the NYPD has an annual operating budget of $6BN I think that perhaps they can tighten their belt. Six. Billion. Dollars. The LA Unified School district has their own police department, I understand. Their own police department. They have their own well stocked armory which includes RPGs. What does a a school district need an RPG for, let alone their own police force?! Talk about the school to prison pipeline! That money could be much better used for education, which is the purpose of schools in the first place!

So, Bud, you are, as usual, spouting your usual claptrap about the left and our great conspiracies about our Machiavellian schemes to discredit Trump (not that he doesn't do just fine on his own), the Deep State and more. Bear in m ind that the Obama administration, which is so heavily demonized had exactly zero scandals, zero charges were filed (that I can recall) against his staff and he didn't have a revolving door in his Cabinet. It was a also the right wing nutjobs that seized a BLM building, damaged the building and the ground destroyed archaeological sites, were armed to the teeth etc. Virtually all mass shooters espouse right wing ideologies, the KKK isn't voting for any Democrats. I will say that I do love the rank hypocrisy that is so prevalent and captured on video at Trump and other right wing rallies. Us Lefties certainly aren't perfect but you just can't top some of the patently ridiculous crap I see and hear spewed on the right. The best thing that Trump has done is show that racism, anti-Semitism and the rest are not only alive and well in this country but thriving. He's brought all of them out from under their rocks and into the light.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I am not making the claim. I have heard it on multiple news reports. You know, the folks who are actually interviewing the store owners.
    You made the claim in the post I responded to. Had you written something along the lines of, "I've news reports that most of the businesses don't have insurance on inventory." I wouldn't have questioned you. I may still not necessarily believe it but that disbelief would have had nothing to do with you.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Then why did you start the thread?
    Umm, like, because I want to try and help? If you see a person who started the thread to feel good about themselves, you need to do some self re-evaluation, b/c you have no clue.

IMO you are part of the problem and not the solution

So, you think that a person who says he wants to help, and who lays out some semblance of an idea is 'part of the problem'??? WTF is wrong with you?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast