Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Request for Copy of Lease

"Quote"' Which specific laws are you talking about?
    The loss of right to sue in small claims court to recover money spent on tenant repairs.
    The loss of security when landlords claim for damages is overstated or non existant.
    I have water backing up into my kitchen sink and bathtub when ever the upstairs neighbor drains their sink. I complained about this back in February and it is still not fixed. This is because they sent their own maintenance person to fix it but he did not possess all the tools to properly diagnose the problem.

Now you are talking about problems that have nothing to do with your original question.

https://www.equalhousing.org/wp-cont...er-in-PA-3.pdf

There is a nice link to your rights as a Penn tenant.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Now you are talking about problems that have nothing to do with your original question.

https://www.equalhousing.org/wp-cont...er-in-PA-3.pdf

There is a nice link to your rights as a Penn tenant.
    Correct but you did ask!

I don't think I did and if I did I certainly didn't mean to.

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post
    "Quote"' Which specific laws are you talking about?
    The loss of right to sue in small claims court to recover money spent on tenant repairs.
    The loss of security when landlords claim for damages is overstated or non existant.
    I have water backing up into my kitchen sink and bathtub when ever the upstairs neighbor drains their sink. I complained about this back in February and it is still not fixed. This is because they sent their own maintenance person to fix it but he did not possess all the tools to properly diagnose the problem.
    None of this responds to the question I asked (which specific laws are you talking about). The way to answer that would be to cite specific laws.

As for the sink situation you described, it sounds like an excellent reason to move.

Have you tried to offer some $$$ for a copy of the lease?

"I will make another attempt today but I suspect she wants me to pay the rent first and then hand me the lease to sign. "

From your previous postings you seem to have had a difficult time in terms of finding a rental property but what you suspect may be totally inaccurate and management may simply have been out of leases at your initial visit.

Before you get too paranoid about all of this why don't you call them up and ask if they now have copies that you can review before handing over any rent money (assuming you are at the point of signing a lease)?

Gail

Quote Quoting gail in georgia
    View Post
    "I will make another attempt today but I suspect she wants me to pay the rent first and then hand me the lease to sign. "

From your previous postings you seem to have had a difficult time in terms of finding a rental property but what you suspect may be totally inaccurate and management may simply have been out of leases at your initial visit.

Before you get too paranoid about all of this why don't you call them up and ask if they now have copies that you can review before handing over any rent money (assuming you are at the point of signing a lease)?

Gail
    According to his post, he hasn't even applied yet.

It appears if I want to live in certain area, I will have to play by the landlord terms and not bring any of my own to the table. However I will insist on reading the terms of the lease befor I pay any rent or security.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post
    It appears if I want to live in certain area, I will have to play by the landlord terms and not bring any of my own to the table. However I will insist on reading the terms of the lease befor I pay any rent or security.
    Your terms are simple: if I don't like your term I walk away. No one has to play your game and you don't have to play theirs...but your the renter and their the rent so...
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2