Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Medical Cannabis Card Affects Security Clearance

Obtain a security clearance from whom to do what?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Obtain a security clearance from whom to do what?
    Why would you ask? How could you possibly know ALL the qualifications and recent pot exemptions for ALL types and levels of security clearances?

Do not lie on the security clearance application. It is at best a surefire way to get fired at the least.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Do not lie on the security clearance application. It is at best a surefire way to get fired at the least.
    Right. As if not getting hired is much better than getting the job and not smoking pot anymore.

"A surefire way of getting fired" my butt. How, when he no longer has it in his system and there is no way to prove he ever smoked it?

You guys live in some theoretical bubble.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Right. As if not getting hired is much better than getting the job and not smoking pot anymore.

"A surefire way of getting fired" my butt. How, when he no longer has it in his system and there is no way to prove he ever smoked it?

You guys live in some theoretical bubble.
    The OP has in no way signaled that he plans to no longer use pot. And if he has a medical marijuana card there is a good chance he should stop.

Many if not most positions that require security clearances also require random or periodic drug tests after hiring.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    The OP has in no way signaled that he plans to no longer use pot.
    Just has he hasn't signaled it either.

And if he has a medical marijuana card there is a good chance he should stop.
    What? Why? Because you have determined that pot has no redeeming qualities...or you found a link that told you that? However, if he lands the job he should stop until he surveys the new landscape.

Many if not most positions that require security clearances also require random or periodic drug tests after hiring.
    I had a secret DOD clearance to build spy satellites and I know many people who are drug tested to obtain employment. It is very rare to be randomly tested. But scare on with your fake knowledge of the world.

As to the OP's original question, and you enjoy being a Google searcher, show that a medical marijuana card puts a person in a Federally accessed database?

Testing isn't as big of an issue of the fact that they very much do ask if you use any drugs. It's illegal, and possibly quite counterproductive to lie on your security clearance application. The MM use might be excusable, but when you lie on an official form like that, they figure you're probably not trustworthy enough to be given access to sensitive information. By the way, it's not "under penalty of perjury" but rather this:

I understand that a knowing and willful false statement on this form can be punished by fine or imprisonment or both (18 U.S.C. 1001). I
    understand that intentionally withholding, misrepresenting, falsifying, or including classified information may have a negative effect on my security clearance, employment prospects, or job status, up to and including denial or revocation of my security clearance, or my removal and debarment from Federal service.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Testing isn't as big of an issue of the fact that they very much do ask if you use any drugs. It's illegal, and possibly quite counterproductive to lie on your security clearance application. The MM use might be excusable, but when you lie on an official form like that, they figure you're probably not trustworthy enough to be given access to sensitive information. By the way, it's not "under penalty of perjury" but rather this:

I understand that a knowing and willful false statement on this form can be punished by fine or imprisonment or both (18 U.S.C. 1001). I
    understand that intentionally withholding, misrepresenting, falsifying, or including classified information may have a negative effect on my security clearance, employment prospects, or job status, up to and including denial or revocation of my security clearance, or my removal and debarment from Federal service.
    How the pot question is asked would determine if an answer is a lie. I don't know of any security clearance that would not give the option to stop using pot to obtain the job.

Do know of a specific security clearance question that would disqualify a person if they admitted they smoked pot five years prior? If they ask "if you use drugs" then the OP can truthfully say "no."

Watching lawyers and politicians truthfully lie has taught me how to do it too. It's easy, just listen carefully to the question.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    And if he has a medical marijuana card there is a good chance he shouldn't stop.
    That was actually a typo on my part.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    How the pot question is asked would determine if an answer is a lie. I don't know of any security clearance that would not give the option to stop using pot to obtain the job.

Do know of a specific security clearance question that would disqualify a person if they admitted they smoked pot five years prior? If they ask "if you use drugs" then the OP can truthfully say "no."

Watching lawyers and politicians truthfully lie has taught me how to do it too. It's easy, just listen carefully to the question.
    It specifically asks about THC use (without qualification) in the past seven years. There's no way for him to weasel out of answering yes on that question. When you answer yes, it further asks if you are going to continue using it and why or why not. I don't know what the security guys attitude is to Medical Marijuana, but you can't get out of telling them about it.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    And if he has a medical marijuana card there is a good chance he shouldn't stop.
    Quite possibly you are right about stopping. At least in Florida, there's actually a shred of medical justification for the prescription. It's not yet a complete sham like it is in other states.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast