Default Getting Around Parental Consent Requirements

I have a friend who is getting abused by her jarhead dad. He's threatening to put her in foster care, but in the meanwhile, hes beating the hell out of her while she's at home. I want to get her some help. We live in Florida, so I researched emancipation and it has to be done by the parent/legal guardian. Does anyone have any other way around that we can help get her out without causing problems. I've been in foster care and I realize how long the investigations take, especially since the DCF where I live doesn't do crap. If anyone has any ideas please let us know a.s.a.p. It is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Getting Around Parental Consent Requirements

If she is being abused, she needs to call CPS. There is no way around the requirement that her parents file an emancipation petition, if that's what you're aiming for.

panther10758 Guest

I have a friend who is getting abused by her jarhead dad
    Was this comment called for? If you want your questions taken seriously reframe from name calling.

He's threatening to put her in foster care, but in the meanwhile, hes beating the hell out of her while she's at home
    If your friend is being abused Foster care is a good thing!

I want to get her some help.
    Call Family Services!

We live in Florida, so I researched emancipation and it has to be done by the parent/legal guardian. Does anyone have any other way around that
    No there is no way around it, its the law!

I've been in foster care and I realize how long the investigations take
    So what your friend will be safe

If anyone has any ideas please let us know a.s.a.p
    Yes contact Social Services

Is there really NO WAY around the parental consent? That doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I know we can't change the law.. but can anyone explain why you need parental consent? If they are doing things to a minor that aren't right now... why would they want to give him/her up? The minor is just an object...a posession that they want to hold on to because it makes a good tax deduction and set of hands around the house...

Quote Quoting JESEnergizer
    View Post
    Is there really NO WAY around the parental consent? That doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I know we can't change the law.. but can anyone explain why you need parental consent? If they are doing things to a minor that aren't right now... why would they want to give him/her up? The minor is just an object...a posession that they want to hold on to because it makes a good tax deduction and set of hands around the house...
    There are about a dozen Emancipations granted each year in the United States. The Teens that are granted Emancipation are very exceptional and I will guarantee you that none of these teens listed their reason for emancipation as "Don't want to do chores".

Is the dad military? I ask because you used the term "Jarhead".

No. There is no way around parental consent. And you will understand why, when you are a parent yourself.

1. Sponsored Links