Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Botched Vasectomy

some therapists have tried to opt out of these requirements by simply taking the position that they do not believe in, or endorse the medical model, and therefore they should not be held to it. This has the same effectiveness as reporting to the Internal Revenue service that you do not believe that the tax laws are valid, and that you should not have to comply with them. While this may lead to making the acquaintance of interesting criminal defense and bankruptcy lawyers, it will not cause any change in the IRS's view of the applicability of the tax laws. By the same token, for a psychotherapist to assert that he or she should not be subject to the medical model will be ineffective. The medical model will generally be imposed with or without your agreement.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Like I said, for every feeble argument an attorney throws out, there's a juror willing to accept it to fit his bias.

An example of a "mistake" is not knowing how a patient might react to a certain drug. Cutting the wrong vein, artery or nerve is more than an acceptable mistake. But there are those jurors out there that love doctors and hate personal injury awards...so good luck to those plaintiffs.
    I was completely out for mine. I found out I needed gall bladder surgery so I told the surgeon to go ahead and take care of it. Wasn't too bad afterwards just kept ice on them and when the superglue started coming off it itched a little bit. I was always the one saying I would never get the boys cut but boy am I glad I did!

Do you ever make a mistake on your job? Not a negligent mistake, not a stupid mistake, but just make a mistake? What would you do if you could be sued for every mistake you ever make at work?

If your doctor makes a mistake it is because they are human. If they are negligent it is because they are negligent.

Big difference.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Boats
    View Post
    Do you ever make a mistake on your job? Not a negligent mistake, not a stupid mistake, but just make a mistake? What would you do if you could be sued for every mistake you ever make at work?

If your doctor makes a mistake it is because they are human. If they are negligent it is because they are negligent.

Big difference.
    You're right, they are different. In the event of an honest mistake you are still responsible for the consequences of your error and make restitution and accept the sanction that may follow. In the case of negligence, you are responsible for the willfulness of your error and should be more stiffly penalized.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2