Default Could Someone Go to Jail if He or She Gives His or Her Account

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California.
    Thereís this guy that I talk with who promise me that he will deposit money after I give him my account. However, something had happened and he could not do it, so I had to send him gift cards to him so he could buy the payroll. However, it didnít go as planned because he was planning to put in more money, however I am out of money. Two weeks later, he told me that he was with the FBI the whole last week and they requested $10000 from him and if he donít have the money, the FBI will arrested each of his client that he did so far. I got scared but at the same time I have a lot of doubts. He told me I have to send him $1000 before they get to me. Told me that I could go to jail since I given him my online bank info. Is this true or not?

Default Re: Could Someone Go to Jail if He or She Gives His or Her Account

Quote Quoting Yooggg
    View Post
    There’s this guy that I talk with who promise me that he will deposit money after I give him my account.
    What does "this guy that I talk with" mean? Is this some random stranger from the internet? If not, what is the nature of your acquaintance with him?

Quote Quoting Yooggg
    View Post
    However, something had happened and he could not do it, so I had to send him gift cards to him so he could buy the payroll. However, it didn’t go as planned because he was planning to put in more money, however I am out of money.
    Sigh...seems like a pretty obvious scam. Also, what does "buy the payroll" mean?

Quote Quoting Yooggg
    View Post
    Two weeks later, he told me that he was with the FBI the whole last week and they requested $10000 from him and that they will arrested each of his client that he did so far. I got scared but at the same time I have doubts. He told me I have to send him $1000 before they get to me. Told me that I could go to jail since I given him my online bank info. Is this true or not?
    Oy...are you really this gullible? Feel free to call your local FBI office, but it seems pretty obvious that the guy who scammed you already is looking to keep scamming you as long as you're willing to be scammed.

Quote Quoting Yooggg
    View Post
    I given him my online bank info.
    You'd better close that account and put your money elsewhere lest he cleans it out.

You need to get away from this guy. No legitimate person would ask for money by untraceable means (gift cards, Western Union, etc...). You have been scammed and your chances to get your money back are pretty close to zero. Stop throwing away more money.

As AJ points out, go to your bank now and tell them that you have done this foolish thing and you need them to not only move your money elsewhere but you need to have them shutdown your account hard (lest you suddenly get hit with a lot of overdraft liability).

You're not going to jail, but you're in deep financial peril.

You are being scammed big time.

Yes, "someone" could go to jail, but it won't be you. "That guy you talk to" could end up in jail.

It's a scam. Close your account, open a new one, and don't give anyone else access to it.

It is a scam. Never believe anyone that asks for gift cards like that.

If he sends you a check, Do Not Deposit it.

You need to directly contact the local branch of your bank. Ask to speak to a Bank Officer and tell him or her what you have said here. Then you need to close your account. You also need to.cutoff All contact with this person you only know from the internet. Never, I repeat Never give your banking or personal information to anyone.

It's hard for me to believe that in 2020 you can still separate a dummy from their money...
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

You need to keep your money somewhere else. It is most possibly a scam. Apart from that you should never share your details with anyone. There can be many cases of fraud and theft through your details. You should always contact police in such cases. If required, you can also contact an attorney (barhomalaw.com)

1. Sponsored Links