Default Misrepresetation False Advertisement Vehicle Purchae from Copart

[My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of CA

We have purchased a "Run and Drive" vehicle from a Copart facility in Northern California.

The vehicles are sold in 3 different conditions.

Run and Drive
    Start Program
    None Drivers

When the dropped the car off for pick up it would not even start. The Copart representative tried but couldn't start the vehicle.
    let alone driving it. So I contacted the facility in-charge manager who basically told me that you are on your own.

I have lost money and time with this transaction and feel that this was a false advertisement. What can I do legally?

Please help.
    [

Default Re: Misrepresetation False Advertisement Vehicle Purchae from Copart

Not much successfully. And I'd be willing to bet you authorized an agreement that says in even stricter words than what is written below.

From the Copart website.

https://www.copart.com/content/us/en...20bidding%20on.

The term Run and Drive often causes the most confusion among Copart Members, so letís clear this up.

When a vehicle arrives at a Copart yard, Copart confirms that the vehicle starts, can be put into gear and can move forward under its own power. There is no guarantee that this will still be true by the time the vehicle is picked up on location. There is also no guarantee that the vehicle is in roadworthy condition, or can be legally driven upon the roadways of the state in which the vehicle resides.

The term Run and Drive was put in place to ensure that Copart Members understand the condition of the vehicle they are bidding on. Learning and understanding this term will help you become a smarter, more experienced Copart buyer.

If you bought the car sight unseen you're going to have to read your purchase contract. If you bought it as is then there is probably nothing you can do besides hire a tow truck and get it to a repair shop.

What does your purchase contract say? Any warranties or guarantees in it? I wouldn't think so.

You should have looked up reviews before even dealing with this company. Considering the crappy reviews you were guaranteed to get screwed.

https://www.reviews.io/company-revie...re/copart-com-

https://www.yelp.com/biz/copart-los-angeles-los-angeles

https://www.yelp.com/biz/copart-van-nuys-van-nuys

Quote Quoting Assistme
    View Post
    We have purchased a "Run and Drive" vehicle from a Copart facility in Northern California.

The vehicles are sold in 3 different conditions.

Run and Drive
    Start Program
    None Drivers
    Lawyers often get accused of using jargon that most people don't understand. You've done the same here.

Quote Quoting Assistme
    View Post
    When the dropped the car off for pick up it would not even start.

I have lost money and time with this transaction and feel that this was a false advertisement. What can I do legally?
    Read your contract with the seller. "Run and drive" means that someone verified that the vehicle would start under its own operation, that the transmission would shift into gear, and that the vehicle could move forward under its own power," but such vehicles are nevertheless sold without any warranty regarding the vehicle's fitness, so I suspect that your review of the contract will show language that expressly disclaims any and all warranties.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Read your contract with the seller. "Run and drive" means that someone verified that the vehicle would start under its own operation, that the transmission would shift into gear, and that the vehicle could move forward under its own power," but such vehicles are nevertheless sold without any warranty regarding the vehicle's fitness, so I suspect that your review of the contract will show language that expressly disclaims any and all warranties.
    Actually it meant that id would do those things at one time while the company had it.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Actually it meant that id would do those things at one time while the company had it.
    Ummm...yeah...hence my use of the past tense.

1. Sponsored Links