Default E-Serve

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Texas

If I am e-filing my case and I select the option of e-serve, do I still need to hire a process server? I filed a motion to modify, but it was rejected due to not attaching standing orders. I refiled again within the 3 days to keep my original date. On the envelope details of the rejected efile, it shows that the email was delivered successfully. On the refile, it shows not delivered.

Thank you.

Default Re: E-Serve

Quote Quoting obsequiouslizard
    View Post
    My question involves court procedures for the state of: Texas

If I am e-filing my case and I select the option of e-serve, do I still need to hire a process server? I filed a motion to modify, but it was rejected due to not attaching standing orders. I refiled again within the 3 days to keep my original date. On the envelope details of the rejected efile, it shows that the email was delivered successfully. On the refile, it shows not delivered.

Thank you.
    If you are representing yourself in court you need to be familiar with the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure (TRCP). Rule 21a explains how service needs to be done. If you e-file your complaint and select e-service and the e-mail address of the party or attorney for that party are already in the court's filing manager system then that's all you have to do. Otherwise, you need to do the service in one of the other ways provided for by the rule.

Default Re: E-Serve

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. I had found something similar for other states, but I couldn't find Texas's. I will be sure to read through and understand this thoroughly before going any further.

1. Sponsored Links