Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Purchased Trailer Got Loose in 5 Mins Upon Driving

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I answered your question back in post # 14 about 5 minutes after you asked it.

You missing that proves something I've thought for a while. You don't read half the posts you respond to.
    Sorry, I missed it. But you give a poor example because you are not performing work for another entity, therefore your liability insurance would not be liable for your blunder upon your own company. However, if your example involved setting up software for an outside Corp, and you carried liability insurance, you would be very likely liable for the penalties incurred. Actually, not deducting enough is as common as overpaying. It's a non-issue.

Got a better example of a customer being required to check a professionals work, or be liable for his blunders?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Sorry, I missed it. But you give a poor example because you are not performing work for another entity, therefore your liability insurance would not be liable for your blunder upon your own company. However, if your example involved setting up software for an outside Corp, and you carried liability insurance, you would be very likely liable for the penalties incurred. Actually, not deducting enough is as common as overpaying. It's a non-issue.

Got a better example of a customer being required to check a professionals work, or be liable for his blunders?
    You're calling some chump sales guy a professional? Please.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    You're calling some chump sales guy a professional? Please.
    Which is exactly why you come here, so you can make snide remarks about people.

When is the last time you called someone a chump to his face?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

Actually I'm providing services for about 50 companies.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Which is exactly why you come here, so you can make snide remarks about people.

When is the last time you called someone a chump to his face?
    I don't believe I've ever used the word 'chump' in real life. I've used other terms that are perhaps less polite. In this case I was referring to the fact that this poor guy got hung out to dry.

I come here to periodically to offer actual advice unlike you who comes here simply to flap your proverbial gums. I think you're a clown who believe that his own personal experiences and "common sense" rule the day rather than what is or isn't the law. A curious trait in someone who, as a self-professed general contractor, has to comply with numerous rules and regulations regarding how things are to be built per regulation, how clients want things built per spec, environmental rules that must be adhered to during construction etc. I can see why you've been involved in numerous lawsuits - and lost - based on your laissez faire approach. All of these things rolled together make you the worst person to take legal interpretation from, in my book.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

Sorry I didn't reply to that part.

How about everyone that ever had their taxes done by a third party.

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    I don't believe I've ever used the word 'chump' in real life. I've used other terms that are perhaps less polite. In this case I was referring to the fact that this poor guy got hung out to dry.

I come here to periodically to offer actual advice unlike you who comes here simply to flap your proverbial gums. I think you're a clown who believe that his own personal experiences and "common sense" rule the day rather than what is or isn't the law. A curious trait in someone who, as a self-professed general contractor, has to comply with numerous rules and regulations regarding how things are to be built per regulation, how clients want things built per spec, environmental rules that must be adhered to during construction etc. I can see why you've been involved in numerous lawsuits - and lost - based on your laissez faire approach. All of these things rolled together make you the worst person to take legal interpretation from, in my book.
    I suppose you also think the law and the truth prevail in a courtroom, don't you?

If a person is unable to learn from their personal experiences in life, he is an idiot. If he relies on others...he is often too trusting.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Sorry I didn't reply to that part.

How about everyone that ever had their taxes done by a third party.

Not haveing enough deducted would not increase his tax amount or impose a fine if it was caught and paid before April 15. If there was a blunder on the tax preparer that caused a fine to be imposed after April 15, I am not sure who would be liable for that penalty.

If I screw up a job I pay to fix it. Who pays when a tax preparer screws up and it is not caught until after April 15? I don't know. Why would the customer pay it? Because a customer should be capable of checking his tax preparer's work? I don't think so.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Not haveing enough deducted would not increase his tax amount or impose a fine if it was caught and paid before April 15. If there was a blunder on the tax preparer that caused a fine to be imposed after April 15, I am not sure who would be liable for that penalty.

If I screw up a job I pay to fix it. Who pays when a tax preparer screws up and it is not caught until after April 15? I don't know. Why would the customer pay it? Because a customer should be capable of checking his tax preparer's work? I don't think so.
    Wow, that's the first time I've ever admit you didn't know something.

That said the taxPAYER would be responsible to the IRS. The taxPREPARER would not be. BUT the taxPREPARER may have some liability to the taxPAYER. Just like the guy who doesn't check the trailer hookup done by the dealer.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Wow, that's the first time I've ever admit you didn't know something.

That said the taxPAYER would be responsible to the IRS. The taxPREPARER would not be. BUT the taxPREPARER may have some liability to the taxPAYER. Just like the guy who doesn't check the trailer hookup done by the dealer.
    Then we are in agreement. Of course the tax preparer does not incur a debt to the IRS for his mistake. I never said he did.

Just as the professional who incorrectly hooked up the trailer would not directly owe if the trailer came off and killed someone. I'd think that the driver would directly be responsible but his insurance would then peruse the dealer for compensation.

You disagreed in post #11.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3