Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Is It Legal to Print Fake Pretend Play Money if We Change a Lot of Features

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    How were you a defendant when you were not sued?
    That would suggest he was a defendant in traffic, infraction, or criminal cases. I'm guessing most of those were traffic/infraction hearings with no jury, but of course that's just a guess.

Default Re: Is It Legal to Print Fake Pretend Play Money if We Change a Lot of Features

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    That would suggest he was a defendant in traffic, infraction, or criminal cases. I'm guessing most of those were traffic/infraction hearings with no jury, but of course that's just a guess.
    If so, his statement, at least to me, is misleading, as it followed a question of being sued!

View Post
    That is correct TM, a defendant can be either civil, traffic or a criminal case. Mine were many traffic infractions that I chose to fight, a few misdemeanor traffics, an exhibition of speed, one reckless driving, three small claims cases, a disorderly conduct/misdemeanor case and then my recent big case. Though most of my small cases were not very traumatic experiences I recall how one sleazebag prosecutor used his slick and sleazy ways to win a case: I was riding my motorcycle on a residential street when a motor-cop got on my tail. I clearly saw him so I held my speed at 30-33mph for three residential blocks. He saw that I was aware of him...that I was not going to speed or flee, so he pulled me over wrote me up for about 40mph.

Example of courtroom sleaze:
    Prosecutor: "How fast were you going down xxx street?"
    Me: "Between 30-33mph" (wanting to be as honest and accurate as I could because I was being wronged.)
    Prosecutor: "So, you do not know EXACTLY how fast you were going?"
    Me: "No, because I was going between those speeds."
    Prosecutor: "I rest my case." (with a big sh!t eating grin on his face.)

So that was my introduction to being honest in a courtroom...very regretful. If you want to win in court you must lie like the cops do and play games like the prosecutors do.

Oh, to balance the score, I did win one citation by lying my ass off. I learned how to do that from the cops.

As for my experience with a jury TM, how many times must a person witness and experience a rape to know how it feels?

RJR, I did not mean to mislead. I thought everyone here knew the different types of defendants.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    As for my experience with a jury TM, how many times must a person witness and experience a rape to know how it feels?
    Only once. And evidently after your loss at your trial you felt screwed over, whether justified or not, which is understandable since you were apparently very confident in your case. But a woman who is raped who then believes from that experience that all men are rapists would be quite wrong in that belief. It is illogical to assume from that one experience that all men act the same way. Similarly, believing all lawyers are like those you encountered in your trial is also illogical for the same reason. Similarly, when I encountered a contractor who ripped off a relative, would I be justified from dealing with that scumbag that all contractors are crooks? No, I wouldn't. It would be illogical to assume that one person represented all the other contractors out there. Wouldn't you agree?

As for your example of "courtroom sleaze" there was nothing sleazy about it. He asked perfectly valid questions, hoping perhaps you'd admit to speeding. When he could see that he wasn't getting anything good, he stopped his examination. And I'm pretty sure that your little snippet of the trial left out the entire evidence the prosecutor provided to support the claim of speeding, including the officer's testimony relating to how your speed was measured. If you didn't know how to attack that in your case, well, that's part of the reason why you lost.

Just because you lose a case you think you should win doesn't mean the opposing side was unethical.

View Post
    As for your example of "courtroom sleaze" there was nothing sleazy about it. He asked perfectly valid questions, hoping perhaps you'd admit to speeding. When he could see that he wasn't getting anything good, he stopped his examination.
    I think the prosecutor got exactly what they wanted, Harold admitting he did not know what his speed actually was.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I have never been sued.
    Then your experience in courts is less than even I thought.

View Post
    Only once. And evidently after your loss at your trial you felt screwed over, whether justified or not, which is understandable since you were apparently very confident in your case.
    TM, you characterize my case using lawyer wording and I believe you do not even know that you do it. I was not merely "confident" in my case. Being confident about a case could mean that I was guilty as sin, I knew that I was guilty as sin, but I had a string of lies that I felt "confident" would work in getting me off. So, I was not "confident" in my case. I knew what happened, I was there, I was being wronged by a lying cop. I thought that being truthful about what happened would be in my favor, yet I was wrong! I was not prepared for the cop to lie on the stand about my speed and for the prosecutor to play a word game on me and win because of it.

You lawyers are taught how to do this to good people, as I experienced in my trial. Example (since I know how to do it now to an honest, truthful person): Question: "What color was the car?" Answer: "It was between turquoise and teal." Question: "So, you do not know EXACTLY what color the car was." Answer (if you are being perfectly truthful): "No." So, this is how good, honest people are destroyed by the lawyer-mouth.

But a woman who is raped who then believes from that experience that all men are rapists would be quite wrong in that belief.
    Here you are doing it again. You are making a characterization of what a woman's take-away is from being raped, when you were never raped in your life. You characterize her in a way so you can call even the most innocent, violated victim "wrong." This is inline with my statement of "a good lawyer can make Mother Theresa look like a whore."

She would not think all men are rapists. That is totally illogical. Her lesson would be that even though she vetted her date the best she could, she was still slipped a date rape drug and raped. Just like me thinking that if I go into a courtroom and tell the truth, I will be best off... when the other lawyer got his side to lie their a$$es off.

It is illogical to assume from that one experience that all men act the same way.
    Again, she does not think that...as you falsely characterize her in your closing argument.

Similarly, believing all lawyers are like those you encountered in your trial is also illogical for the same reason.
    I don't think all lawyers will act that way under all conditions. I think they are able to act that way without any conscience at all. Huge difference and another false characterization of me. See how you discredit someone and you aren't even aware you do it...because it is how you win in a courtroom. ...Making good people look like trash.

Similarly, when I encountered a contractor who ripped off a relative, would I be justified from dealing with that scumbag that all contractors are crooks? No, I wouldn't. It would be illogical to assume that one person represented all the other contractors out there. Wouldn't you agree?
    If I came across a group of gang members I would not assume I was about to get mugged. I would be aware that mugging is what they do for a living, and to not trust any of them for a minute.

As for your example of "courtroom sleaze" there was nothing sleazy about it. He asked perfectly valid questions, hoping perhaps you'd admit to speeding. When he could see that he wasn't getting anything good, he stopped his examination. And I'm pretty sure that your little snippet of the trial left out the entire evidence the prosecutor provided to support the claim of speeding, including the officer's testimony relating to how your speed was measured. If you didn't know how to attack that in your case, well, that's part of the reason why you lost.
    It was pure sleaze because he saw that I was trying to be as accurate as I could by not stating something ridiculous like "I was going EXACTLY 32mph for three blocks," which is literally impossible to do due to fluctuation in speed. Not even a cruise control can hold a speed exactly at one speed. But, in hindsight, I should have lied and not been caught in his lawyer-mouth game.

Just because you lose a case you think you should win doesn't mean the opposing side was unethical.
    There you go again. I saw the cop lie under oath and the prosecutor play his word game with me. They were both unethical, regardless of who won.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I was not merely "confident" in my case. Being confident about a case could mean that I was guilty as sin, I knew that I was guilty as sin, but I had a string of lies that I felt "confident" would work in getting me off.
    So you knew you were guilty, lied, didn't win and now you are pissed about losing? Do I have that straight?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    So you knew you were guilty, lied, didn't win and now you are pissed about losing? Do I have that straight?
    No. Reread what I wrote. When TM said I was merely "confident" in my case, it infers that I could have been confident in lies to get me off. When that is not the right word to describe my case.

I was not confident that I would win. I thought the truth prevailed in a courtroom and cops would not boldface lie under oath. I learned otherwise...also about how a prosecutor uses word games to win.

If you have been in court settings 50 times, why don't you tell some of the egregious word-games you've heard lawyers use to win?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    If you have been in court settings 50 times, why don't you tell some of the egregious word-games you've heard lawyers use to win?
    I've heard lawyers many times use the English language properly and I've heard them butcher it. I've heard them question those that used the language improperly to clarify what was being said. But I wouldn't classify the proper use of the language as a word game as you do. I think your inability to use the language properly and that inability is to your detriment causes you to call it word games.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast