Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Seller Will Not Hand Over Title

I bought a car a month ago for the AGREED price of 2000 which was also listed as the selling price on the app which i met and bought the car of a guy. He said he would next day air the title to me which i saw he had proof of the title in california which is why he didnt have it on him. I took pictures of his license and he sent me screenshots of the title. I bugged and bugged for the title and now all of a sudden 1 MONTH later is saying he wants 500 dollars on top of the Deal. He has lied alot about numeorus things. I have the bill of sale with 2000 on it,my name and signed. His name and signed, NO DATE because of the corona virus and agreed both not too, because of uncertainty of when dmvs will open again. But it was bought on april 17th (should i write the date?) Its now may 19th. I even offered 100 dollars for the title because i would rather save time and just get it from him for 100 but he wouldnt take it, so now i want to take it too court i have screenshots of EVERYTHING, the car on the online market, text messages on phone and market chat, my bank account withdraw when i paid him. He will not give me the title and now is asking for more money because i feel that he knows he sold the car too cheap BUT A DEAL IS A DEAL. I bought couches from him and he sold them cheap so im guessing he was desperate for money and is now trying to milk me. What are my options? Can i sue him and like civil court small collection how does this work? Im 20 years old still learning please help! Will be greatly appreciated sorry for long text!

Default Re: Seller Will Not Hand Over Title

You have been SCAMMED. You never hand over the money without title in hand.

He's in CA. Where are you?

Sure, you can sue him. But scammers don't answer lawsuits nor do they pay when you get a judgment by default.

Quote Quoting roe956
    View Post
    Im 20 years old still learning please help!
    This was an expensive lesson. I hope you have learned it.

Pink slips are not handed from person to person, they are issued by the DMV. Wait for the DMV to re-open or find a DMV in your area that is open.

Don't take the hopeless advice here until the fat woman sings from behind the DMV counter.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Pink slips are not handed from person to person, they are issued by the DMV. Wait for the DMV to re-open or find a DMV in your area that is open.

Don't take the hopeless advice here until the fat woman sings from behind the DMV counter.
    You do realize that different states do things differently?

Seeing as the OP has stated the problem I can only assume that his state is like mine where the title is transferred by the seller signing the title over to the buyer. (P.S. It isn't pink.)

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You do realize that different states do things differently?

Seeing as the OP has stated the problem I can only assume that his state is like mine where the title is transferred by the seller signing the title over to the buyer. (P.S. It isn't pink.)
    Seeing as you have stated a problem with my post, I can only assume that you think speaking to the DMV [or the police] is a waste of time...and that the OP should be told to take his lumps and walk away?

Although, you are correct that I should have called it a "title" and not a pick slip. Who the heck knows what a 'pink slip' is? ...Them being tan instead of pink. Sorry to confuse you like that.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Seeing as you have stated a problem with my post, I can only assume that you think speaking to the DMV [or the police] is a waste of time...and that the OP should be told to take his lumps and walk away?

Although, you are correct that I should have called it a "title" and not a pick slip. Who the heck knows what a 'pink slip' is? ...Them being tan instead of pink. Sorry to confuse you like that.
    The DMV isn't a law enforcement agency and has no power to settle a civil matter I don't see how they can help. I don't think this is a case were a bonded title will be of any use to the OP but I could be wrong.

The police will tell him this is a civil matter because it is.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    The DMV isn't a law enforcement agency and has no power to settle a civil matter I don't see how they can help. I don't think this is a case were a bonded title will be of any use to the OP but I could be wrong.

The police will tell him this is a civil matter because it is.
    Who says he wants to file criminal charges, and if he did, the police station is right next door to the DMV.

The DMV transfers ownership of vehicles, and if the OP has sufficient evidence and docs to prove a transfer, then they may be able to transfer ownership without a pink slip. The OP also has ID on the guy which the DMV could use for recourse. And btw, the DMV does get involved in law enforcement at many levels.

I am sure you have never been duped like this in your life, at any age, but if you were, I'm sure you would just walk away, huh? I highly doubt that the advice you often give here is the same advice you use in your own life.

Harold, you are an idiot.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Harold, you are an idiot.
    Yep, sometimes I am, but not this time.

And you have a sick obsession with telling people they are screwed. As you are the type of guy who gives thumbs down and writes bad comments on every U-tube video his watches. Oh, that's right, you are above watching anything on U-tube.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast