Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Seller Will Not Hand Over Title

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    The DMV isn't a law enforcement agency and has no power to settle a civil matter I don't see how they can help. I don't think this is a case were a bonded title will be of any use to the OP but I could be wrong.

The police will tell him this is a civil matter because it is.
    I am not entirely certain that the police wouldn't at least be willing to make a phone call to try to scare the guy into coughing up the title. If the seller intended to do this from the get go it would be a crime. If the guy sold him a stolen car that would be an issue as well. I too doubt that the DMV can do anything because the car was titled out of state and therefore the DMV would have no records indicating that the guy that sold it really owned it.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I am not entirely certain that the police wouldn't at least be willing to make a phone call to try to scare the guy into coughing up the title. If the seller intended to do this from the get go it would be a crime. If the guy sold him a stolen car that would be an issue as well. I too doubt that the DMV can do anything because the car was titled out of state and therefore the DMV would have no records indicating that the guy that sold it really owed it.
    Maybe, maybe not. But they could undoubtedly point a person in the right direction.

This type of crime is rampant and it is happening right under their noses with pink slips they issue. They must have a way of dealing with it.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But they could undoubtedly point a person in the right direction.

This type of crime is rampant and it is happening right under their noses with pink slips they issue. They must have a way of dealing with it.
    They do have a way to deal with it. It's called a Bonded Title. The problem is that a different state issued the original title, not the OP's state. Therefore a bonded title can't really work in this instance.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Yep, sometimes I am, but not this time.
    Then is there some reason you haven't advised the OP on exactly what he should do to deal with the issue? Oh, that's right, it is your thing to not provide any actual help but to jump in and tell us how wrong we are.

And don't sell yourself short. Your idiocy knows no bounds.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Then is there some reason you haven't advised the OP on exactly what he should do to deal with the issue? Oh, that's right, it is your thing to not provide any actual help but to jump in and tell us how wrong we are.

And don't sell yourself short. Your idiocy knows no bounds.
    I did advise him what to do.

You said to throw in the towel. I said to go see the DMV or the police because they are both law enforcement agencies.

So please tell, what is wrong with seeking advice from the DMV before kissing your $2,000 good-bye? Oh, that's right, it isn't your two grand.

No, I didn't. I told him it was an expensive lesson and I hoped he learned from it.

DMV has no police powers. They aren't LE.

The only post you directed at the OP was some babble out pink slips.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    No, I didn't. I told him it was an expensive lesson and I hoped he learned from it.

DMV has no police powers. They aren't LE.

The only post you directed at the OP was some babble out pink slips.
    Police powers are not the only law enforcement powers. Try to transfer title on a stolen or modified vehicle and you will see them enforce the law. Try getting too many citations and see who you have to ask to get your license back. They are LE, but at a different level.

You need to get out more and away from the virtual world and gain some experience in the real world.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

I'm just sitting here watching this S*#t show and loving it!
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2