Default Rooming Situation - Issues with Roomers

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey

I want to know if she can get me evicted if she lies to the (illegally-renting) landlord and also if she can claim I have to be given eviction notice for saying she acts like a "b*tch".

Default Re: Rooming Situation - Issues with Roomers

I want to know if she can get me evicted if she lies to the (illegally-renting) landlord and also if she can claim I have to be given eviction notice for saying she acts like a "b*tch".
    The word "can" denotes the ability to do something not whether it's done rightly or wrongly. Theoretically she CAN get you evicted IF she lies and she CAN claim whatever she wants to claim.

Right now you are only speculating that it's illegal. You don't know. Call the code department in the morning and report it. Then get out as fast as you can because this is an untenable situation and the long term resident has the upper hand. Worse, if things start getting violent you could end up with a restraining order that will put you out on the street with a minute's notice or get you arrested.

There is no biding of time here.

Default Re: Rooming Situation - Issues with Roomers

Quote Quoting wmbmakeup@gmail.com
    View Post
    Who is "she"?

What does "the (illegally-renting) landlord" mean?

What is the status of your lease with the landlord? In other words, are you a month-to-month tenant or do you have a lease for a specific term? If the latter, when does the current lease term expire?

The only thing I can tell you for sure based on your garbled post is that you definitely to not "have to be given eviction notice for saying [that someone] acts like a [bitch]."

1. Sponsored Links