Default State Will Enforce Masks, Social Distancing

My question involves civil rights in the State of: IL

Problem is you can't shop without a mask, etc dumb law

Default Re: State Will Enforce Masks, Social Distancing

Quote Quoting 007green
    View Post

There is a solid basis for the requirement as a precaution, and businesses are free to require masks and other precautions as they see fit. Businesses are subject to licensing and permit issues, and as such are subject to stricter regulation by the state. One can argue as to whether the government can require masks at businesses, but, for the most part businesses that told they may open without objection with this as a requirement will likely do so. If and when businesses open without these requirements, you will be free to choose which businesses you patronize and which you do not. I live in a county without any mask requirement, yet one of the major nationwide retailers in town requires me to wear a mask if I enter. I work in a county that has such a mask requirement, and if I enter any open business I HAVE to wear a mask or I will be asked to leave. If you do not like to shop with a mask (and I HATE the darn things) then you can live on Amazon and food delivery for a while. Until then, you can grumble all you'd like, but if a mask is required by the business, you have little choice other than not to shop there.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting 007green
    View Post

Give it a rest.

Civilization is crumbling and you're bitching about wearing a mask.

Grow up.

I think George Takei said it quite well in his tweet: I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I think George Takei said it quite well in his tweet: I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco.
    Like button

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Excellent! The attrocities of War, humans treated like decayed meat, innocent children gassed, on and on.

If captured by the Krauts, I would rather wear a mask 24 hours a day than to be confined to a "Standing Cell" 24 hours a day having to stand and breath in your own human waste, no room to bend or sit, very little elbow room.

As Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me a mask"!

I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting 007green
    View Post
    Ummm...you didn't ask a question.

Quote Quoting 007green
    View Post
    Noted.

I am 66. I will not go inside.a business that does not require masks of employees and customers. Neither will others I know that are 65+, have certain health conditions or come in direct contact with others who do. It is a matter of respect for others. It seems some people want others to be respectful of them. but they do not want to be uncomfortable (I agree the masks are uncomfortable) or go out of their way to be respectful of others.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    I am 66. I will not go inside.a business that does not require masks of employees and customers. Neither will others I know that are 65+, have certain health conditions or come in direct contact with others who do. It is a matter of respect for others. It seems some people want others to be respectful of them. but they do not want to be uncomfortable (I agree the masks are uncomfortable) or go out of their way to be respectful of others.
    I am about to be 63 and also have certain health conditions. If I had to wear a mask at work full time I would not be able to work, because I can only wear one a short time without my oxygen levels dropping dangerously. I simply cannot breath well through them. However, I am lucky that I work somewhere where its easy to maintain social distancing, and we are not working face to face with our clients at this time, but rather doing it remotely.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast