Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: State Will Enforce Masks, Social Distancing

I'll tell you what, Harold.

I'm not prepared to let you do my thinking for me any more than I'm prepared to let anyone else do it. I will make my own decisions as to who, or what, I believe. And until and unless you provide me with some valid reason why I should believe your theories more than the experts (note that there are no quotes around the word), some of whom I work with and all of whom have the knowledge, experience and training to speak on the matter, I make the conscious, deliberate and reasoned choice to believe what they tell me. This is not a blind following as you assert, this is using the evidence of my own eyes and my own ears and the experiences of people I know who have had the disease, and choosing which seems more creditable to me.

If you would prefer to rail against reasonable, common sense precautions because they do not fit your conception of how things should be, that is your right. But it is likewise my right to think you a crackpot for believing what you do.

You guys can buy into this new religion all you want but I asked several times what alternate type of transmission was missing from this report. None of you could come up with a single idea. Therefore your opinions are severely lacking to me.

Go on and worship these 'experts' all you want. In my line of work I come across incompetent experts all the time. It's a shame you guys can't see through a lot of this.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    You guys can buy into this new religion all you want but I asked several times what alternate type of transmission was missing from this report. None of you could come up with a single idea. Therefore your opinions are severely lacking to me.

Go on and worship these 'experts' all you want. In my line of work I come across incompetent experts all the time. It's a shame you guys can't see through a lot of this.
    I can think of several but the fact that the reporter that wrote what you read didn't mention them doesn' mean that they weren't ruled out for cause by the actual researchers.

You come back with some actual evidence, not just paranoid supposition but real factual evidence, that nothing was considered except what was written down by the reporter; that nothing was edited out for length; that the reporter did not miss or choose to omit anything; that the scientist(s) in truth and fact considered absolutely nothing except what the reporter and his editor chose to include in the news story, and maybe I'll think about reconsidering.

However, until then, based on the fact that I am in a high risk group; that I have no wish to be infected by some looney-tune who thinks his ten minutes of internet surfing is more trustworthy thatn the scientific evidence; that I only this afternoon talked with a friend who almost certainly has Covid-19 and is in such pain that she truly believes she is going to die; you'll have to forgive me if I choose to err on the side of caution.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    You come back with some actual evidence, not just paranoid supposition but real factual evidence, that nothing was considered except what was written down by the reporter; that nothing was edited out for length; that the reporter did not miss or choose to omit anything; that the scientist(s) in truth and fact considered absolutely nothing except what the reporter and his editor chose to include in the news story, and maybe I'll think about reconsidering.
    It doesn't matter if you reconsider anything. You have shown that you are not qualified to determine if you are being lied to by the 'experts.'

However, until then, based on the fact that I am in a high risk group; that I have no wish to be infected by some looney-tune who thinks his ten minutes of internet surfing is more trustworthy thatn the scientific evidence; that I only this afternoon talked with a friend who almost certainly has Covid-19 and is in such pain that she truly believes she is going to die; you'll have to forgive me if I choose to err on the side of caution.
    It is easy to err on that side when, I believe, this pandemic hasn't cost you a dime. Actually, I'm safe to assume that with the stimulus checks(s), this has put you (and tens of millions of others) ahead financially. Yet you continue to stand there and tell us to listen to these 'experts' when you do not have a dog in the hunt.

The stimulus money is a joke.
    The PPP is a joke.
    Now Pelosi wants to borrow more from China so more individuals can profit from the crisis while our businesses permanently collapse. When all you care about is sounding politically correct...and following your bone-headed leaders.

Don't you dare make assumptions about what effect this has had on me. Or anyone else.

Don't. You. Dare.

For that matter, don't you dare make assumptions about what I am "qualified" to judge. You're very free with your judgment of other people, but you've yet to provide any qualifications of your own.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Don't you dare make assumptions about what effect this has had on me. Or anyone else.

Don't. You. Dare.

For that matter, don't you dare make assumptions about what I am "qualified" to judge. You're very free with your judgment of other people, but you've yet to provide any qualifications of your own.
    I believe you said you are still employed, right? Therefore it is not financially affecting you, which I strictly narrowed my assumptions to.

As for news stories, you've shown you cannot see the misinformation in them. I asked several times how else could the virus travel 15' in a closed, poorly ventilated Chinese restaurant and you come up with nothing but to hold our 'experts' in high regard.

Here, learn something about your 'experts' if you are capable of 'reconsidering.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxjt67xiZTE

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

Harold, we CHOSE not to "play". It wasn't that we couldn't guess at something else, its that we chose not to play your game. You know that so making those kinds of comments is pure snarkiness on your part.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Harold, we CHOSE not to "play". It wasn't that we couldn't guess at something else, its that we chose not to play your game. You know that so making those kinds of comments is pure snarkiness on your part.
    That is a flimsy excuse. You couldn't see through it either!

Also, by using "we," how do you speak for others here?

Financially is not the only possible effect. And you're assuming that I've even received a stimulus check. Not everyone has.

Echoing llworking - the fact that I did not respond to your childish attempts to bait people does not mean I had no response - it means that I very deliberately opted not to answer your question. Failure to answer does not equate to failing to have an answer. If you were really as intelligent as you try to make us believe, you'd know that.

You don't think I'm qualified to judge when someone is lying; I don't think you're qualified to decide what to have for lunch, let alone judge the science involved in these studies.

Last post on the subject. Bait away, Harold; I'm ashamed that I played your game even to the degree I did.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast