Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: State Will Enforce Masks, Social Distancing

What is your point, Harold? Are you contradicting years of virological and epidemiological study? I'm willing to accept the word of those who've spent their lives studying these things just as I expect them to take my word on things that I'm expert in. I don't need to see any "study" that tries to prove the negative either...hint, you can't prove a negative.

As to your apparent skepticism regard what the disease does vs what we're told it does: as time has gone on it's been found that Covid-19 can do damage to multiple systems rather than just the respiratory system.

What kills me is that we even feel the need to question this. I can't imagine being a doctor or researcher these days what with everyone going online and "researching" topics in a way that supports their confirmation bias and the idea of "alternate facts", anti-vaxxers and more making you work to do your job. Honestly, I'd throw in the towel and go somewhere where my knowledge and skills are appreciated...like anywhere in Africa or South America. Honestly!

How about Dr. Who...or the Who's of Whoville?
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

You guys remind me of my neighbor when we were once discussing the Kennedy assignation. I was questioning the accuracy and truthfulness of the Warren Commission when he said, "Do you know the credentials of the men that were on that commission?" ...As though they should just be believed...like you guys are saying.

I almost leaned over and puked. I never heard anything so stupid in my life.

Oh, and I am aware that none of you can think of another more probably way the other patrons in that Chinese restaurant could have gotten infected. You can only think of what the "experts" want you to think, huh?

Until you provide some kind of credentialing that shows you to be more of an expert than they, I'm going to choose who I give credence to, yes, I'm more likely to listen to medical personnel and people whose fields are directly related to pandemic research, etc. than some random blowhard on the internet.

I've offered you the opportunity to show that you are the expert and not the blowhard. But you so far aren't taking me up on it.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    You guys remind me of my neighbor when we were once discussing the Kennedy assignation. I was questioning the accuracy and truthfulness of the Warren Commission when he said, "Do you know the credentials of the men that were on that commission?" ...As though they should just be believed...like you guys are saying.

I almost leaned over and puked. I never heard anything so stupid in my life.

Oh, and I am aware that none of you can think of another more probably way the other patrons in that Chinese restaurant could have gotten infected. You can only think of what the "experts" want you to think, huh?
    So why don't you tell us where they are wrong?

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I've offered you the opportunity to show that you are the expert
    You do not have to be an 'expert' to know/feel that a doctor, lawyer, mechanic, or pandemic expert, etc is wrong...and is leaving things out to make his point.

In the case of the Chinese restaurant the 'experts' that analyzed that transfer of Covid obviously had tunnel vision. They felt that if someone across the room got it, that it travelled through the air to infect them. How blind could they be? The most likely way a person across the room contracted it is by the waiters touching all the infected person's dishes, glasses and silverware...and then touching the other patron's dishes and food. But that method of transfer was totally left out of the study. Why? Did they have an agenda, or are they just stupid?

We are being told by stupid studies like this to live in fear of folks around us and that masks will protect us. As though anybody with Covid has a big black cloud around them, and if we walk past them we will likely contract it. I say BS.

I have conducted my own common sense study over the last six weeks. I have asked nearly every person I come in contact with if they know anybody with the virus. They all have said "no." During last January, when I got the flu, I could name about 100 people who got that same flu, yet the 'experts' still say this virus is highly contageous. Well, not according to my study.

These 'experts' have shown no proof that this virus can likely infect a person from a one minute causal conversation at a 3 foot distance. And if they are experts, they should be able to tell me my likeliness of even coming across an infected person, when I have never spoken to a single person who knows anybody with it. And I am an essential worker who has not been locked in my house.

Why is it that me and many others can see through the expert's and politician's BS and you guys can't?

You are making the assumption that the researchers didn't take that possibility into account. I am 100% sure you didn't read the report nor the methodology. You read a news story about the report.

Your own "common sense study" means nothing. As for your study proving anything about COVID-19's consciousness, how could it? You have no one in your group with it at even the second level of separation. That doesn't mean anything. Nobody I've talked to had it either mainly because those that do have it either don't know it or they are quarantined.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You are making the assumption that the researchers didn't take that possibility into account. I am 100% sure you didn't read the report nor the methodology. You read a news story about the report.

Your own "common sense study" means nothing. As for your study proving anything about COVID-19's consciousness, how could it? You have no one in your group with it at even the second level of separation. That doesn't mean anything. Nobody I've talked to had it either mainly because those that do have it either don't know it or they are quarantined.
    Where in the study/report is the evidence that the virus traveled through the air? Where is the missing analysis that it most likely was transmitted by the waiters? Where is your observation of this missing information?

This Covid is the new religion where people can believe what they want...as you have demonstrated by turning your brain off and following your leaders...off a bridge.

And your evidence that things were left out of the report?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Where in the study/report is the evidence that the virus traveled through the air? Where is the missing analysis that it most likely was transmitted by the waiters? Where is your observation of this missing information?
    I have no idea because you haven't provided any link to the study in question. For all I know, there is no such study. There is plenty of data out there that Coronaviruses in general and this the one that causes Covid-19 specifically can be transmitted through the air.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

You do not have to be an 'expert' to know/feel that a doctor, lawyer, mechanic, or pandemic expert, etc is wrong...and is leaving things out to make his point.

In the case of the Chinese restaurant the 'experts' that analyzed that transfer of Covid obviously had tunnel vision. They felt that if someone across the room got it, that it travelled through the air to infect them. How blind could they be? The most likely way a person across the room contracted it is by the waiters touching all the infected person's dishes, glasses and silverware...and then touching the other patron's dishes and food. But that method of transfer was totally left out of the study. Why? Did they have an agenda, or are they just stupid?

We are being told by stupid studies like this to live in fear of folks around us and that masks will protect us. As though anybody with Covid has a big black cloud around them, and if we walk past them we will likely contract it. I say BS.

I have conducted my own common sense study over the last six weeks. I have asked nearly every person I come in contact with if they know anybody with the virus. They all have said "no." During last January, when I got the flu, I could name about 100 people who got that same flu, yet the 'experts' still say this virus is highly contageous. Well, not according to my study.

These 'experts' have shown no proof that this virus can likely infect a person from a one minute causal conversation at a 3 foot distance. And if they are experts, they should be able to tell me my likeliness of even coming across an infected person, when I have never spoken to a single person who knows anybody with it. And I am an essential worker who has not been locked in my house.

Why is it that me and many others can see through the expert's and politician's BS and you guys can't?
    This may be one of the dumbest things I read today. Really.

This Covid is the new religion where people can believe what they want...as you have demonstrated by turning your brain off and following your leaders...off a bridge.
    This may well be the 2nd dumbest but they day is young.

No one has asserted the Covid-19 is airborne. It doesn't assert that in the report in the linked CDC report. The CDC report stated quite clearly that the aerosolized droplets of saliva are generally able to be ejected about 1-2m but that when ejected from an AC system if can be as many as 7m. That is the topic of this paper and ingested/aspirated contaminated fluids are a far more likely transmission vector than surface contact which then relies on contact with the mouth of the mucosa.

Your insistence that doctors and politicians have some insidious plan to frighten people and sequester them is, frankly, ridiculous and such actions would not serve them at all. It would undermine the credibility of doctors who want to be, you know, healers and politicians want to get elected and you don't do that by scaring the crap out of people, costing them their jobs etc.

Some day's I just can't take it. Not at all.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast