Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: State Will Enforce Masks, Social Distancing

I am also just short of 63 and have trouble breathing through a mask, though not as much as llworking. I am very lucky that my employer is allowing me to work from home as long as is necessary before I can return safely - not just me, but everyone, and with the understanding that "safely" can mean different things for different people. But I still will not leave my own front yard without one. Safety is everyone's responsibility.

But there are some selfish people who don't care about the risks they are taking or that they are forcing other people to take against their will. They're more concerned with their "rights" than about the spread of a potentially lethal disease. With a two week incubation period, you can't possibly know whether you are or are not infected on any given day, but their position is that it's everyone else's responsibility to protect themselves and not their responsibility to take any means to prevent infection. "It's all about ME!" they cry. "If I don't want to wear a mask I shouldn't have to! If you don't want me to infect you, you should stay inside - why should I have to suffer with the mild inconvenience of wearing a mask or social distancing just so that you don't get sick with a disease that could potentially kill you? After all, my individual rights are far more important than the collective rights of society as a whole!" Or worse, "It's not really all that bad! We don't do all this for the flu!"

Well, the people who think that way don't know how to read the numbers, quite frankly. And if they would like to hear about just how bad this illness is I can put them in touch with someone to talk to who's had it. This is not Star Trek and needs of the one do not outweigh the needs of the many.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I am about to be 63 and also have certain health conditions. If I had to wear a mask at work full time I would not be able to work, because I can only wear one a short time without my oxygen levels dropping dangerously. I simply cannot breath well through them. However, I am lucky that I work somewhere where its easy to maintain social distancing, and we are not working face to face with our clients at this time, but rather doing it remotely.
    Have you tried a face shield ? I have seen several nice ones that were homemade. Besides not interfering with you breathing like a,mask does. A face shield can help protect you as well as others.

I've heard some people say the rise in deaths does not matter because the economy is more important. I understand the economy is important. But I wonder if these people would change their tune if they and/or a family member had to be put on a ventilator and/or died.

llworking and cbg, take care of yourselves.

Thank you, Mercy. You too.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Have you tried a face shield ? I have seen several nice ones that were homemade. Besides not interfering with you breathing like a,mask does. A face shield can help protect you as well as others.
    I'm generally asked to keep my mask on even after Halloween!

If we were told that speed kills on our roadways we would be shown the crashes and the injuries that resulted from that excessive speed.

Is there a formal lab study with video of two people that verifies Covid being transferred by air when they talk or pass by each other from a 3'-6' distance? If there is, at what rate does it transfer like that?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    If we were told that speed kills on our roadways we would be shown the crashes and the injuries that resulted from that excessive speed.

Is there a formal lab study with video of two people that verifies Covid being transferred by air when they talk or pass by each other from a 3'-6' distance? If there is, at what rate does it transfer like that?
    I'm sure there is such a study and you are free to look for it.

But do think the 1.3 million US cases all came from people licking one another?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I'm sure there is such a study and you are free to look for it.

But do think the 1.3 million US cases all came from people licking one another?
    That is my point, I doubt anyone has seen an actual example of this virus doing what we all have been told it rampantly does.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

In the US in 2018, there were 35,000,000 cases of the flu. Some 690,000 required hospitalization, with 35,000 dying. With the coronavirus we have had some 2 million cases (most of the confirmed cases required some hospitalization) with almost 82,000 deaths. How can anyone believe that this is not MUCH worse than the flu? Can you imagine how much worse it could have been if we had not shut down?

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    In the US in 2018, there were 35,000,000 cases of the flu. Some 690,000 required hospitalization, with 35,000 dying. With the coronavirus we have had some 2 million cases (most of the confirmed cases required some hospitalization) with almost 82,000 deaths. How can anyone believe that this is not MUCH worse than the flu? Can you imagine how much worse it could have been if we had not shut down?
    Before I respond, have you seen it verifiably transferred by air? If so, what is the rate of transfer that way?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Before I respond, have you seen it verifiably transferred by air? If so, what is the rate of transfer that way?
    Every single medical expert has said that it primarily transfers by air. I have not seen a single one that says that it does not.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast