Default Job Position Fingerprinted

My question involves criminal records for the state of: New York. I was arrested and convicted of a crime as a minor and received youthful offender and did 6 months shock camp I am 44 years old and never had this come out in a back ground check before. Now I have applied and been accepted for a new position as long as the background check checks out ok. The lady who runs the fingerprints report called me today questioning this charged and says she sees nothing about youthful offender and wants me to provide documentation.with this coronavirus idk what to do this is supposed to be expunged. Why is she able to see this and what can I do.

Default Re: Job Position Fingerprinted

We see that question more often than you would imagine. Even 30 to 40 years ago there were computers and the internet. Anything you do in your life leaves a remnant of information somewhere. Can't be helped. Even "expunged" records often come to light and "sealed" records get unsealed.

I don't think you're going to find any good advice on the internet other than to find your documentation and hope you get the job that you want.

Default Re: Job Position Fingerprinted

Quote Quoting attitude44!
    View Post
    My question involves criminal records for the state of: New York. I was arrested and convicted of a crime as a minor and received youthful offender and did 6 months shock camp I am 44 years old and never had this come out in a back ground check before. Now I have applied and been accepted for a new position as long as the background check checks out ok. The lady who runs the fingerprints report called me today questioning this charged and says she sees nothing about youthful offender and wants me to provide documentation.with this coronavirus idk what to do this is supposed to be expunged. Why is she able to see this and what can I do.
    NY law provides some protection against discrimination by employers based on criminal records. See the NY Department of Labor (NYDOL) page that discusses employer use of criminal records for more info on that.

1. Sponsored Links