Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Law is Not Determinative

LAW IS NOT DETERMINATIVE

The legislator's thinking is causalist in regard to how human conduct arises, for he considers the given language of his law is capable of causing persons to do, or not do, what his law either prohibits or prescribes.

The legislator is a positivist-materialist, because, he thinks the language of his law, which is existing language in the form of words printed in ink, published upon paper material, is an existent material thing capable of causally determining persons to act, or not to act.

The legislator's world view is what is known as a positivist causalist materialist world view, and, another, recent, opposite, view of how a human act arises, has now come into the world, with the publication of Jean Paul Sartre's (1901-1980), ''Being and Nothingness: an Essay in Phenomenological Ontology'' (1943). (To be continued…)

Default Re: Law is Not Determinative

Quote Quoting determinatio
    View Post
    (To be continued…)
    We wait with bated breath.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    We wait with bated breath.
    I am making an attempt to put things in much more ordinary language, and, no more will be posted until we see what happens in the way of response to the little that is simplified.

So if nobody responds you will quit. Good to know.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    So if nobody responds you will quit. Good to know.
    I never quit. I will quit you quick-like-a-mouse if you continue to be such a constantly derogative and insulting bully...

Which legislator are you (or was Johnny Sart) referring to, why would anyone in 21st Century United States care what some long-dead French dude said about said unidentified legislator?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Which legislator are you (or was Johnny Sart) referring to, why would anyone in 21st Century United States care what some long-dead French dude said about said unidentified legislator?
    Sartre did not say anything about an American legislator. I am simply using Sartre's theory of the origin of human action to examine law/legislation/jurisprudence, and, I started rewriting my OP, for the many many persons here who insist upon simplification, by discussing the structure a legislator's legislation, because 'law' is the subject of the essay.
    I am not describing a particular legislator. I am describing all legislators.

View Post
    View Post
    The legislator's thinking is...
    Then you should write correctly.

"The legislators' thinking is..."

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

View Post
    Sartre did not say anything about an American legislator. I am simply using Sartre's theory of the origin of human action to examine law/legislation/jurisprudence, and, I started rewriting my OP, for the many many persons here who insist upon simplification, by discussing the structure a legislator's legislation, because 'law' is the subject of the essay.
    So, you're ascribing behavioral traits to a group as a whole?

Our comments regarding language revolved around whether or not we were willing to bother reading the drivel that you're selling. As to the origins of my actions: to not consider the various consequences of my actions would be imprudent, indeed. Those consequences certainly may include legal consequences. Additionally, what you wrote before in, in your last thread, was super subjective and smacks as a version of the claptrap spewed by the Sovereign Citizen ilk.

I never had much use for philosophers. They drink all the drink and suck up all of the air and then fall asleep on your sofa because, well, philosophy doesn't seem to be so remunerative.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Then you should write correctly.

"The legislators' thinking is..."
    By employing a the-phrase, i.e., "The legislator..." I am indeed referring to all legislators generically. I am not incorrect; but, you have an unpleasant chip on your shoulder. Chill, everything is cool. Simply stand-by to stand-by...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources