Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How Am I Able to Beat This if I Face It

My question involves criminal law for the state of: CA. I was taking a walk and I donít recall for sure if I pulled the front part of my pants up after taking a pee. (I donít pull my pants all the way down; just the upper front part). A)Letís say I was stretching my shirt and my thing was briefly exposed. How much would that be considered Indecent exposure? B) what if I was walking and my thing was hanging out and I didnít know? I only saw 2 people walking for the first part, 1 for another part, and 1 in another; 4 different people from 4 different parts. How am I able to beat any indecent exposure case? How likely do you think Iíd find something out after a month IF I did anything. Or am I sounding paranoid?

Default Re: How Am I Able to Beat This if I Face It

Please stop asking these inane questions. You've gotten answer repeatedly under various usernames.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting curious91
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: CA. I was taking a walk and I don’t recall for sure if I pulled the front part of my pants up after taking a pee. (I don’t pull my pants all the way down; just the upper front part). A)Let’s say I was stretching my shirt and my thing was briefly exposed. How much would that be considered Indecent exposure? B) what if I was walking and my thing was hanging out and I didn’t know? I only saw 2 people walking for the first part, 1 for another part, and 1 in another; 4 different people from 4 different parts. How am I able to beat any indecent exposure case? How likely do you think I’d find something out after a month IF I did anything. Or am I sounding paranoid?
    Are you actually charged with this crime now? Or are you just thinking you might be? If the latter then I suggest you chill out until something comes of it. It may be that nothing ever comes of it. If you are currently charged with a crime or are charged at some point then it'd be a very good idea for you to get a criminal defense attorney to assist you.

In California it appears that a conviction on a crime of indecent exposure has some serious consequences. Perhaps the most serious of them being that a conviction for indecent exposure triggers a mandatory requirement to register as a sex offender. That can have significant impact on your life since there are a lot of restrictions on registered sex offenders. A first time conviction would result in a jail sentence of up to 6 months and/or a fine of up to $1,000 too. The state has to prove that you you willfully exposed yourself to others and that you acted lewdly to attract attention to your genitals for the purpose of sexually gratifying yourself or others to win a conviction on indecent exposure. So if charged you may have some defenses to assert that might work. It all depends on the details of the evidence against you and the attitude of the jury that hears the case.

Part (B) of your post poses the situation where you are walking around town with your penis exposed. That would be the sort of thing that would be a lot harder to defend. As a juror I'd not believe your claim that you didn't know your junk was hanging out. It's just not very believable and once the jury doesn't believe you on that it will likely not believe whatever else you say about it. And if the evidence presented by the state included that kids saw you walking around that way, expect that jury would be especially outraged. So I would suggest to you to ensure that you make sure that your penis is not exposed when walking around town. If by chance you are looking for way to do that and avoid conviction, I doubt anyone here will offer you any assurance you can get away with that.

Either you seriously need to find something better to do with your time than post silly stories like this all over the internet, or you need serious help from a licensed medical professional. Or both.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Are you actually charged with this crime now? Or are you just thinking you might be? If the latter then I suggest you chill out until something comes of it. It may be that nothing ever comes of it. If you are currently charged with a crime or are charged at some point then it'd be a very good idea for you to get a criminal defense attorney to assist you.

In California it appears that a conviction on a crime of indecent exposure has some serious consequences. Perhaps the most serious of them being that a conviction for indecent exposure triggers a mandatory requirement to register as a sex offender. That can have significant impact on your life since there are a lot of restrictions on registered sex offenders. A first time conviction would result in a jail sentence of up to 6 months and/or a fine of up to $1,000 too. The state has to prove that you you willfully exposed yourself to others and that you acted lewdly to attract attention to your genitals for the purpose of sexually gratifying yourself or others to win a conviction on indecent exposure. So if charged you may have some defenses to assert that might work. It all depends on the details of the evidence against you and the attitude of the jury that hears the case.

Part (B) of your post poses the situation where you are walking around town with your penis exposed. That would be the sort of thing that would be a lot harder to defend. As a juror I'd not believe your claim that you didn't know your junk was hanging out. It's just not very believable and once the jury doesn't believe you on that it will likely not believe whatever else you say about it. And if the evidence presented by the state included that kids saw you walking around that way, expect that jury would be especially outraged. So I would suggest to you to ensure that you make sure that your penis is not exposed when walking around town. If by chance you are looking for way to do that and avoid conviction, I doubt anyone here will offer you any assurance you can get away with that.
    I would NEVER want to do that. However for what this is worth, I have ocd and even take pictures like if my car door is locked. How likely do you think this was just my ocd again?

View Post

Also how likely do you think it is if I was walking with my stuff down, someone would say something to me??

Quote Quoting curious91
    View Post
    How likely do you think this was just my ocd again?
    From what I know of OCD, I would think it even less likely that you'd be careless enough to walk around not knowing your junk is exposed. You'd need expert testimony that your mental state prevented you from knowing what was going on, which from my experience is a tough sell to a jury. And if you succeeded, you might find yourself committed to a mental facility for awhile to get treatment for that.

Quote Quoting curious91
    View Post
    Also how likely do you think it is if I was walking with my stuff down, someone would say something to me??
    I think it more likely they'd just get on their cell phone and call the cops and the first conversation you might end up having is when the cops show up. And if the cops observe you with your stuff out, that's not likely to end well for you.

Seriously, just don't do it. It sounds much like you are simply trying to find some way to do it and not face consequences for it. If others see you, you may well end up arrested and facing criminal charges. If you aren't looking for an excuse to get a thrill from doing this and seriously think you might do it without knowing it (which again strikes me as very unlikely) then that's a sign you need to seek appropriate medical treatment so that you get the control you need to ensure you don't do it.

View Post
    From what I know of OCD, I would think it even less likely that you'd be careless enough to walk around not knowing your junk is exposed. You'd need expert testimony that your mental state prevented you from knowing what was going on, which from my experience is a tough sell to a jury. And if you succeeded, you might find yourself committed to a mental facility for awhile to get treatment for that.

I think it more likely they'd just get on their cell phone and call the cops and the first conversation you might end up having is when the cops show up. And if the cops observe you with your stuff out, that's not likely to end well for you.

Seriously, just don't do it. It sounds much like you are simply trying to find some way to do it and not face consequences for it. If others see you, you may well end up arrested and facing criminal charges. If you aren't looking for an excuse to get a thrill from doing this and seriously think you might do it without knowing it (which again strikes me as very unlikely) then that's a sign you need to seek appropriate medical treatment so that you get the control you need to ensure you don't do it.
    Last post on this unless you have questions. 1)do you believe that Iíd never EVER want to commit such actions?? 2) if itís been letís say 10 days and nothing has been mentioned about me, that Iím safe? Also if I google indecent exposure for my city and nothing comes up. 3) how likely is it do you think if someone was offended theyíd record me to show police as proof?? And 4) how likely will the police post my picture online based off the recording or picture to Help me get tracked down?

Quote Quoting curious91
    View Post
    Last post on this unless you have questions. 1)do you believe that I’d never EVER want to commit such actions??
    I have no idea. Most people wouldn't want to do it, but then I suspect the vast majority of people haven't put nearly this much thought into doing as you have. The fact that you seem so focused on this makes me wonder what the deal is. It shouldn't be difficult to keep your stuff in your pants.

Quote Quoting curious91
    View Post
    2) if it’s been let’s say 10 days and nothing has been mentioned about me, that I’m safe?
    If you exposed yourself to others then you cannot assume that 10 days later you are totally clear. The more time that passes the less likely it is that you'll be arrested for it, but no one is going to be able to offer you an assurance that you are now 100% safe from arrest and prosecution.

View Post
    I have no idea. Most people wouldn't want to do it, but then I suspect the vast majority of people haven't put nearly this much thought into doing as you have. The fact that you seem so focused on this makes me wonder what the deal is. It shouldn't be difficult to keep your stuff in your pants.

If you exposed yourself to others then you cannot assume that 10 days later you are totally clear. The more time that passes the less likely it is that you'll be arrested for it, but no one is going to be able to offer you an assurance that you are now 100% safe from arrest and prosecution.
    I wanted to edit something so NOW IT IS MY LAST POST. I also want to add and if nothing else here in the next hour thatís a FURTHER sign Iím done) the shorts I wore would have fallen off soon after I forget to pull the front part of my pants up. If my shorts dropped how likely is it you think Iíd notice. Also for the second part since I read in a nearby town about an IE arrest happening three months after an exposure but it was bc of not being able to be idíd. How Likely you think Iím ok after 3 months?

As a note, since it is a misdemeanor not committed in the presence of the police, any action taken would have to be done through the complaint process (i.e. a report, identification of a suspect - and usually a statement from the suspect, and submission to the DA for charges), or, a notice to appear (requiring contact at the scene). Since you were not contacted at the scene of your indiscretion, and the police have not yet sought to obtain a statement from you, I suspect you have nothing to worry about.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast