Default Custodial Called CPS on Me

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of:

Custodial called cps on me on mental abuse allegations. My son was staying with me this week after not seeing him for two months due to the pandemic. He was sneezing too loud and I told him to stop doing it or he would get grounded. He didn’t stop and I took his phone away and put him on time out on the floor and his hands up. I saw him using the phone and hit him but not bruised at all.

He texted mom saying he needed help and called her screaming saying to pick him up. She called the police and took him away from me.

Today I find out she filed a report with cps saying that I’ve been mentally abusing my child. Her statements were regarding the time out and that I put him on time out if he name stepmom “mom” and badmouths about mom over the phone.

She’s claiming my son is traumatized because of me.

I only told my son to stop calling someone who is not his family mom, they claim that because she had him for more then six yr and have financially care of him she has right, which she does not.

Mom thinks I got mad because my son was speaking with stepmom as shes the one whos doing homeschooling with him. But that’s not true.

What could happen with cps? Will I lose visitation?

Default Re: Custodial Called CPS on Me

You're going to get the same answers here, from the same people, as when you posted it yesterday.

Will you lose visitation?

Good grief; we hope so.

You put your child in "time out" because he was sneezing too loud than hit him because he was using his phone?

What kind of idiot are you?

Gail

Quote Quoting gail in georgia
    View Post
    What kind of idiot are you?
    Gail
    Based on OP's post history, in his multiple different accounts, the king of said idiots.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    You're going to get the same answers here, from the same people, as when you posted it yesterday.
    I initially saw the poster, title, etc... and knowing that I had replied had hoped our volun-mod had had a chance to stop by and cleaned the it up.
    I am the Mouse Man

What could happen with cps? Will I lose visitation? You could lose a lot more than just visitation... you don't give your state, but you could end up with no parental rights at all. Not "mom has sole custody" but "I am no longer legally this child's parent." Meaning no visits and not even (depending on the state) the right to seek visitation, since you'd no longer be a relative.

Not trying to judge, but you do sound unstable. First time seeing your kid in two months and you give him a "time out" for "sneezing too loud"?? And then hit him for using his phone??

Damn. Having said that, a report with CPS is just that. A report. It CAN lead to a court proceeding which can lead to a finding of neglect, but it doesn't necessarily. Often CPS investigates and does nothing. Don't know what your ordered visits are, but she could definitely seek to terminate them until you get help or have them be supervised. That doesn't mean she will get it, but she can definitely try.

CPS also can't decide unilaterally whether or not you can get visitation, nor can they alter a court order without due process. They can remove children from homes without a court order in emergency circumstances, they can also set up "safety plans," and do some other things like offer services. If they remove a child, they have to go to court immediately and commence a case. Safety plans are not enforceable court orders, they're just something CPS uses so if/when you mess up they can say they tried other avenues and you wouldn't comply and so they were forced to come to court.

But what could happen? Anything. No way to say whether or not you will lose visitation - absolutely possible, even likely on a temporary basis. Don't admit to all the things you just admitted to in your post though. Say nothing. It's not a criminal case, but still say nothing unless your lawyer tells you to.

Again, I'm curious what state you're in. Many have laws which allow anonymous reporting, so I'm curious how you know "she filed a report"?

Darklogic, many of your questions will be answered if you review the post history of the OP.

1. Sponsored Links