Default Custodial Called CPS on Me

My question involves a child custody case from the State of:

Custodial called cps on me on mental abuse allegations. My son was staying with me this week after not seeing him for two months due to the pandemic. He was sneezing too loud and I told him to stop doing it or he would get grounded. He didnít stop and I took his phone away and put him on time out on the floor and his hands up. I saw him using the phone and hit him but not bruised at all.

He texted mom saying he needed help and called her screaming saying to pick him up. She called the police and took him away from me.

Today I find out she filed a report with cps saying that Iíve been mentally abusing my child. Her statements were regarding the time out and that I put him on time out if he name stepmom ďmomĒ and badmouths about mom over the phone.

Sheís claiming my son is traumatized because of me.

I only told my son to stop calling someone who is not his family mom, they claim that because she had him for more then six yr and have financially care of him she has right, which she does not.

Mom thinks I got mad because my son was speaking with stepmom as shes the one whos doing homeschooling with him. But thatís not true.

What could happen with cps? Will I lose visitation?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: Custodial Called CPS on Me

Quote Quoting Back
    View Post

Custodial called cps on me on mental abuse allegations. My son was staying with me this week after not seeing him for two months due to the pandemic. He was sneezing too loud and I told him to stop doing it or he would get grounded. He didn’t stop and I took his phone away and put him on time out on the floor and his hands up. I saw him using the phone and hit him but not bruised at all.

He texted mom saying he needed help and called her screaming saying to pick him up. She called the police and took him away from me.

Today I find out she filed a report with cps saying that I’ve been mentally abusing my child. Her statements were regarding the time out and that I put him on time out if he name stepmom “mom” and badmouths about mom over the phone.

She’s claiming my son is traumatized because of me.

I only told my son to stop calling someone who is not his family mom, they claim that because she had him for more then six yr and have financially care of him she has right, which she does not.

Mom thinks I got mad because my son was speaking with stepmom as shes the one whos doing homeschooling with him. But that’s not true.

You're still a real POS.

That is all.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Back
    View Post

Custodial called cps on me on mental abuse allegations. My son was staying with me this week after not seeing him for two months due to the pandemic. He was sneezing too loud and I told him to stop doing it or he would get grounded. He didn’t stop and I took his phone away and put him on time out on the floor and his hands up. I saw him using the phone and hit him but not bruised at all.

Today I find out she filed a report with cps saying that I’ve been mentally abusing my child. Her statements were regarding the time out and that I put him on time out if he name stepmom “mom” and badmouths about mom over the phone.

She’s claiming my son is traumatized because of me.

Mom thinks I got mad because my son was speaking with stepmom as shes the one whos doing homeschooling with him. But that’s not true.

You might end up with supervised visitation and if that happens, that WILL be justice. You are an abuser.

Quote Quoting Back
    View Post
    Will I lose visitation?
    Hopefully.
    I am the Mouse Man

With any luck at all, you will lose all access to your son. You were totally in the wrong.

You grounded him, took his phone away and put him in a time out for coughing too loud? Are you serious? Then you hit him. You are absolutely in the wrong and your behavior was unquestionably abusive. I'd have called CPS on you too.

I am "loud" sneezer (I call it sneezing like a sailor)......there is absolutely NOTHING I can do about it and I am probably much older than OP and could possibly be a grandparent age to this child.....give me a BREAK!

Back, children have very strong vocal chords. In addition, nasal problems can amplify coughing/weezing/sneezing.

If you expect every person's throat power to mimic yours and yours only, 'taint gonna happen.

Children always suffer most, stop it.

1. Sponsored Links