Default Can I Contact My Former Clients Customers and Report Their Scam

My question involves business law in the state of: CA

Long story short I have a client who failed to pay out his full contract (I have proof, but they're out of state and it's not enough to warrant a lawsuit). I'm aware of an unethical business practice they engage in. I have access to their customer list still and they never removed my site access. Can I get sued if I contact their clients informing them of this?

Default Re: Can I Contact My Former Clients Customers and Report Their Scam

Quote Quoting KingMo
    View Post
    My question involves business law in the state of: CA

Long story short I have a client who failed to pay out his full contract (I have proof, but they're out of state and it's not enough to warrant a lawsuit). I'm aware of an unethical business practice they engage in. I have access to their customer list still and they never removed my site access. Can I get sued if I contact their clients informing them of this?
    Sure you can get sued. Anyone can. You will just be giving them a damn good reason to sue you.

Quote Quoting KingMo
    View Post
    Long story short I have a client who failed to pay out his full contract (I have proof, but they're out of state and it's not enough to warrant a lawsuit). I'm aware of an unethical business practice they engage in.
    What "business practice"? Why do you believe the former client's conduct in dealing with you constitutes a "business practice"?

Quote Quoting KingMo
    View Post
    they never removed my site access.
    Not sure what that means. Are you saying you still have the ability to access this former client's business systems despite the termination of your relationship? What was it you were saying earlier about "unethical business practice"?

Quote Quoting KingMo
    View Post
    Can I get sued if I contact their clients informing them of this?
    Of course you can. Anyone can get sued by anyone for anything. Actively and intentionally interfering or attempting to interfere with your former client's relationships with its clients is a great way to get a very large (and possibly non-dischargeable in bankruptcy) judgment against you.

For openers due a search engine on "tortious interference with contract".

As I told you on the other board where you posted this, not only can you be sued, but you can be sued SUCCESSFULLY.

1. Sponsored Links