Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Wrongfully Arrested, Violation of 4th Amendment

I can post a link to the video if that helps. I've uploaded to YouTube, but kept it on private until i know what I'm doing.

What action can i take then against the officers that did this to me? I want some kind of consequence for their actions otherwise they will continue doing to others.

Does an official complaint really even do anything?

If you are asking what actions you can take that will GUARANTEE that the officers in question will suffer some consequences, the answer is, None.

You can file a complaint with their superiors. They may or may not take action. I can't promise that they won't, but I can't promise that they will, either.

You can speak to an attorney (or a law clinic) but there is likewise no guarantee that they will agree to take any action. There is also no guarantee that even if they agree to write a letter, or file a lawsuit, or take some other action, that it will result in negative consequences to the officers.

I'm not saying there's nothing you can do. I'm not saying there's no possibility that anything will happen to the officers. I'm saying there is nothing you can do that will FORCE their superiors to discipline them or that will GUARANTEE a legal response that will satisfy you. The matter is not in your hands.

Talk to an attorney, or a law clinic, or two, or three, and see what they advise.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    If you are asking what actions you can take that will GUARANTEE that the officers in question will suffer some consequences, the answer is, None.

You can file a complaint with their superiors. They may or may not take action. I can't promise that they won't, but I can't promise that they will, either.

You can speak to an attorney (or a law clinic) but there is likewise no guarantee that they will agree to take any action. There is also no guarantee that even if they agree to write a letter, or file a lawsuit, or take some other action, that it will result in negative consequences to the officers.

I'm not saying there's nothing you can do. I'm not saying there's no possibility that anything will happen to the officers. I'm saying there is nothing you can do that will FORCE their superiors to discipline them or that will GUARANTEE a legal response that will satisfy you. The matter is not in your hands.

Talk to an attorney, or a law clinic, or two, or three, and see what they advise.
    I don't believe the OP is asking for guaranteed results. Besides, what in life, and especially in the practice of law, has guaranteed results?

Well, if he's not looking for guaranteed results, then what's the problem? He's got options; I gave them to him. I also did what my boss is always telling my team to do - managed expectations. If he WAS looking for a guarantee, now he knows there isn't one, and if he wasn't, then there's no harm done in telling him something he already knew.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Well, if he's not looking for guaranteed results, then what's the problem? He's got options; I gave them to him. I also did what my boss is always telling my team to do - managed expectations. If he WAS looking for a guarantee, now he knows there isn't one, and if he wasn't, then there's no harm done in telling him something he already knew.
    Managing expectations is entirely different than expecting guaranteed results...which there are very few of in life...and absolutely none in the justice system.

Your 'tone' for him to walk away is loud and clear.

I filed a police misconduct report once, and it wasn't because I had expectations. But because it was the right thing to do and so there would be something in his record for when that officer actually hurt someone.

I told him to talk to several attorneys to see what they advised - in what world is that telling him to walk away?

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I told him to talk to several attorneys to see what they advised - in what world is that telling him to walk away?
    You don't need an attorney to file a police misconduct report. You consult attorneys when there is big money involved...which here there is not.

Well, Harold, I've noticed before that your reading comprehension is not the best. Hopefully the OP will be able to understand my post since clearly you do not.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Well, Harold, I've noticed before that your reading comprehension is not the best. Hopefully the OP will be able to understand my post since clearly you do not.
    My reading comprehension is fine. Saying 'you can consult attorneys' does not erase the tone in the rest of your post.

Have a nice afternoon, Harold.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast