Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: 60 Day Notice

Nothing I posted was to scare anyone. It was to point out how things are going to go down, sooner or later. There is no magic wand to make OP's child's mess go away. They need to start planning how to address it.

I take that back since we are talking about California. There is a magic wand. The state could try to pass a law erasing rent entirely during the crisis. It would just pass the economic devastation on to a different set of people but they could try. I would imagine it wouldn't survive a court challenge.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Nothing I posted was to scare anyone. It was to point out how things are going to go down, sooner or later. There is no magic wand to make OP's child's mess go away. They need to start planning how to address it.

I take that back since we are talking about California. There is a magic wand. The state could try to pass a law erasing rent entirely during the crisis. It would just pass the economic devastation on to a different set of people but they could try. I would imagine it wouldn't survive a court challenge.
    Then take it back and edit your post.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Then take it back and edit your post.
    No need to edit. I was mocking California with the extra paragraph. T'was a joke, Chuckles.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    No need to edit. I was mocking California with the extra paragraph. T'was a joke, Chuckles.
    Then I apologize for responding to you. I won't make that mistake again!

Now you can carry on about how the OP's daughter will be eating out of a Walmart trash can on May 15th.

Funny, I don't recall saying anyone was going to be eating out of a trash can.

The reality is that a lot of people are going to be financially ruined by this crisis. There is no avoiding it. OP's child is shaping up to be one of those people. Taking action now to plan for the future and it's challenges is all they can do. The legal reality is that absent the landlord's heart growing 3 sizes, OP's child is going to have to find somewhere new to live as well as dealing with the longer term financial fallout if their situation.

An example of why this site has such a poor reputation as a legal resource on the internet. When I joined, many years ago, the owner actually moderated it for a while.

Today, it just sounds like a bunch of bald guys fighting over a comb.

Quote Quoting LandSurveyor
    View Post
    An example of why this site has such a poor reputation as a legal resource on the internet. When I joined, many years ago, the owner actually moderated it for a while.

Today, it just sounds like a bunch of bald guys fighting over a comb.
    Seems like a good thread to start on 'Debate the Issues.'

Care to go into more detail?

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Funny you should mention that (and not to hijack the thread) but California currently has legislation pending (AB 828) that would allow the Court to reduce the rent of a Defendant in an unlawful detainer action by 25% for one year if a decrease in his income could be attributed to the COVID-19 virus.

Quote Quoting L-1
    View Post
    Funny you should mention that (and not to hijack the thread) but California currently has legislation pending (AB 828) that would allow the Court to reduce the rent of a Defendant in an unlawful detainer action by 25% for one year if a decrease in his income could be attributed to the COVID-19 virus.
    And, the state wonders why we can't get developers to build enough high density and low income housing here.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3