Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Civil Lawsuits

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Both of my brothers are contractors and neither one of them, nor any of their friends will ever work for an attorney again, because every one of them got burned by an attorney.

One of them dug out a basement to make a half basement a whole basement, and then built a mother in law suite for the guys MIL. It was being financed by the sale of her small home. The contractor deliberately did a labor only quote and told the lawyer that he would have to buy all of the materials himself. However, he did give the lawyer an idea of how much the materials would cost. The lawyer bought much higher end fixtures and appliances than were needed and when the money from the MILs house was gone, he refused to pay any more labor to the contractor, because the job was over budget. He then sued the contractor for walking off the job.
    Interesting story and thanks for sharing.

A lawyer can make what is just and fair appear unfair...and make it legally binding. They can also turn a good person into a bad person...legally. It is their job to do this to good people on a daily basis...all for sport and to win at any cost.

Hearing an excuse like "those are just isolated incidents" would be just more of the BS they spew to cover for their unethical expertise.

"Doctors and Lawyers" should never be used in the same sentence because doctors are all trained to help people and lawyers are trained to hurt good people...and do it on a regular basis.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    In that case, my original answer stands. It is exceedingly unlikely that a company will do a background check that includes whether or not you have been involved in a lawsuit such as you describe, and if the information does somehow fall in their laps it is unlikely they will care. You are seriously overthinking this.

If it were an individual, then as much as I never thought I'd be saying this when I got up this morning, Harold would have a valid point.
    " You are seriously overthinking this. "

I've been known to overthink many things before, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm at it again and do hope i am overthinking here.

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    An employer would have your full name. They wouldn't have to search for it, you'll provide it on one form or another.

An employer can choose not to hire you for virtually any reason that's not protected as a matter of law. Suing former employers is not one of those reasons. That said, I don't know how they would know unless you chose to tell them.

You case isn't private, it's a matter of public record. If an employer were to bother digging so deeply then, sure they could find it.

As to 'moxie': you mention a lawsuit that involve foreign nationals, foreign agencies, your landlord and your employer. I cannot envision a scenario that would bring all of these entities together in a manner that they could all be involved in a single lawsuit. If you have filed all of these suits individually I would be troubled, as an employer as you are a litigious person and they can often be more trouble than they are worth for many reasons. In short, it's not about 'moxie' (a weird word choice), it's about allocation of resources. If hiring you will consume more resources than it should, and it's known at the outset, then why would you be hired?
    "An employer would have your full name. They wouldn't have to search for it, you'll provide it on one form or another."

I don't plan on giving my middle name, only my first and last.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Uncovering someone's last name is unbelievably easy, especially when you have their address as well. It may also be on your drivers license, social security card or other tax documents.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    Uncovering someone's last name is unbelievably easy, especially when you have their address as well. It may also be on your drivers license, social security card or other tax documents.
    Did you mean middle name? Yes its in my drivers license and social security, which is why i have thought of changing my name. But then the 'social security tracing' would reveal all aliases so it seems there's no point.

Give up. Start applying for jobs and see what happens. Don't be surprised if "what happens" turns out to be nothing. Good luck.

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    Give up. Start applying for jobs and see what happens. Don't be surprised if "what happens" turns out to be nothing. Good luck.
    Nothing as in no progress in the application process?

Oh shoot, why do people have to go and post the information on the following sites? Just gets people like me paranoid as hell:

1. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/h...--1501381.html

2. https://www.employmentlawfirms.com/r...suit-against-m

3. https://www.google.com/amp/s/busines...-a-new-job/amp

4. https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason....ht-agai/%3famp

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

I recommend therapy.

Changing your name won't help with the raving paranoia you've demonstrated here.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    I recommend therapy.

Changing your name won't help with the raving paranoia you've demonstrated here.
    like button

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    I recommend therapy.

Sadly, i am getting therapy for this precise issue once a week. I just can't imagine information about me -- albeit an insignificant dismissal ruling -- being out there and nothing i can do about it.

Information that no one is going to see, and if by some fluke was seen by someone, that no one would care about.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4