Default Red Light Ticket Where Part of the Driver's Face is Missing in the Photo

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA

Hi, a family member received a red light ticket from Culver City PD - the video is damning but the person's face (in the photo) is partly concealed by the rear view mirror of the car. You can see their chin, nose, and mouth but the eyes are completely hidden.

Would this be a good basis for defeating the ticket?

Anyone know of a good ticket lawyer in SoCal?

Thanks!

Default Re: Red Light Ticket Where Part of the Driver's Face is Missing in the Photo

This board does not provide referrals, and reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients.

Default Re: Red Light Ticket Where Part of the Driver's Face is Missing in the Photo

Quote Quoting rtg20
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA

Hi, a family member received a red light ticket from Culver City PD - the video is damning but the person's face (in the photo) is partly concealed by the rear view mirror of the car. You can see their chin, nose, and mouth but the eyes are completely hidden.

Would this be a good basis for defeating the ticket?
    There isn't any. Your family member will have to plead not guilty, go to court and perjure him/herself by saying "not me" if she is foolish enough to speak.

Consult an attorney. An attorney would know how to discredit the evidence and get a dismissal. Your family member won't.

Either pay an attorney, pay the fine, or go to traffic school (if eligible).

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post

Either pay an attorney, pay the fine, or go to traffic school (if eligible).
    You forget number four...throw the ticket in the trash and do not respond to it.

Both of you know the OP can do that but you just can't get yourselves to help someone that way. Huh?

OP,
    I live in LA County and LA does not pursue photo red light citations mailed out. If you respond to the citation you will be on the hook for it. If you receive a registered letter from them, refuse it or you are on the hook for citation. But if you never respond to it, they will not pursue you nor will they file it with the DMV. However, Orange County does still pursue photo red-light citations. Look it up, it has been that way for many years now.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I live in LA County and LA does not pursue photo red light citations mailed out.
    The general rule is that if the citation is not served personally within a certain amount of time (often 120 days) it's automatically dismissed. However, many cities that depend on photocops for revenue will send out process servers and add the cost to the fines.

Are you sure LA doesn't do that?

If so then, yes, it is a good idea to ignore it.

Your family member can always plead "Not Guilty" and go to trial keeping in mind that it is not them that needs to prove their innocence but it is the prosecutor that needs to prove it is them that is the violator and is guilty. This could easily be done without them denying it is them in the video and just challenging the prosecutors ability to identify who it is in the video.
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

1. Sponsored Links