Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: State Lockdowns

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I'll be interested to see any actual, validated stories.
    Here is an account of a citation being issued for driving a car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpICYU04bHQ

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I'll be interested to see any actual, validated stories.
    The stories I can track down (and actually read without having to subscribe) all appear to have other elements to them so far ... closed beaches, obstinate parolee, gathering in a business that IS subject to an order, etc. But, several jurisdictions issued "no more warnings" proclamations the past few days, and many rank and file officers are expressing concerns. Others have posted stories of citations or arrests (likely cited and released, if so) in their or neighboring jurisdictions already. It's probably already happened given the tales I'm hearing, just not made the papers. Keep in mind that MOST arrests do not make the media accounts unless someone wants to make an issue out of it or politicize it.

When some idiot tells some newbie cop to "F' off" when told to go home or break it up, and that officer forgets all they were taught and acts on the "contempt of cop" violation (relying on the nebulous state or local statutes), that's when the poop will hit the fan.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Here is an account of a citation being issued for driving a car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpICYU04bHQ
    Get back to me on this one when she is jailed.

I'm looking for validated, verified accounts of people who are jailed for no reason than being out of their house. Steve tells us there are many of these. I'm looking for even one.

Here is an Emergency Petition for Writ of Mandamus filed March 30 in the Texas Supreme Court.

If you have some extra time read it. I'll keep an eye out for the Decision, or anyone can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oan...bJmqcNQAf/view

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

1st, to be asymptotes doesn't equate to free of infection. you can be shedding virus prior to displaying symptoms.

I'm trying to figure out what rights are currently being denied to me. I can still rail against the Man. I still have my guns. I can practice my religion. I've not had my door kicked in because I had the temerity to cough or sneeze in a public place. I can still move about freely though the number of places I can go has been limited. Being deemed an essential worker (I hate this term, it smacks of concentrations camps) I can go to work and earn a living. What else...nope, I've got nothing. I've not been limited where I am (WA state) in any meaningful way.

To say that the Constitution has been "trampled on" is hyperbolic at best and is often a dog whistle.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    Here is an Emergency Petition for Writ of Mandamus filed March 30 in the Texas Supreme Court.

If you have some extra time read it. I'll keep an eye out for the Decision, or anyone can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oan...bJmqcNQAf/view
    I haven't read the whole thing yet so perhaps this is addressed in the part I have not yet seen. But the entire SE MA conference of my denomination, my brother's church in Washington State, my mother's church in Pennsylvania, and a whole lot of other churches in a whole lot of other states have been able to "preach the gospel" without having to ask people to violate any state or local stay orders. It's called Youtube. I attended services today without ever leaving my couch. This isn't just a case of a single person leaving their home and being jailed for it. These pastors didn't need to bring hundreds of people out where they could risk infecting/being infected. There's no reason they couldn't have held religious services online, the same way we did.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Get back to me on this one when she is jailed.
    Please inform me as to the huge difference between being physically arrested and being pulled over and cited for driving alone during this shutdown?

BTW - I just went on a 50 bike ride and saw only one cop car. Also, the longest lines were at Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts drive throughs....both non-essential restaurants that should be shut down with patrons in line that should be staying home.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Also, the longest lines were at Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts drive throughs....both non-essential restaurants that should be shut down with patrons in line that should be staying home.
    Why would a drive through pose a significant threat? Being enclosed in your car means you're not spreading the disease to any of those others in line, after all. Nor are you going to get it from those other drivers sitting in the bubble that their cars form around them. Moreover, all the drivers are more than six feet apart anyway. The one contact they'll have with a person closer than 6 feet is the drive through counter person who will take their cash and give them their food/drink. Prompt washing of the hands or using a good hand sanitizer after that should take care of most concerns over that one-on-one interaction. While there is some risk involved anytime you are dealing with another person, it seems to me that this instance is one with a pretty low risk. People still need to get food. And the stay at home orders at least in my state allow for restaurants and other establishments to be open for take out for that reason. They just don't want a large number of people gathered together like they would be if they were seated in the restaurant, which would pose a much greater risk. Sure, ideally we would isolate everyone from any other person for several weeks to break the chain of transmission of the disease. Unfortunately, the other demands of life make that impossible.

There is a big difference between receiving a ticket and being jailed, Harold. For the purpose of this conversation, I am only interested in verified, validated accounts where someone was jailed for no reason but being out of their house.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Why would a drive through pose a significant threat? Being enclosed in your car means you're not spreading the disease to any of those others in line, after all. Nor are you going to get it from those other drivers sitting in the bubble that their cars form around them. Moreover, all the drivers are more than six feet apart anyway. The one contact they'll have with a person closer than 6 feet is the drive through counter person who will take their cash and give them their food/drink. Prompt washing of the hands or using a good hand sanitizer after that should take care of most concerns over that one-on-one interaction. While there is some risk involved anytime you are dealing with another person, it seems to me that this instance is one with a pretty low risk. People still need to get food. And the stay at home orders at least in my state allow for restaurants and other establishments to be open for take out for that reason. They just don't want a large number of people gathered together like they would be if they were seated in the restaurant, which would pose a much greater risk. Sure, ideally we would isolate everyone from any other person for several weeks to break the chain of transmission of the disease. Unfortunately, the other demands of life make that impossible.
    Don't preach that stuff to me, I think most of this mask stuff is ridiculous. There is little to no evidence that we are still spreading it that way. Also, I'd say that most of those dying now contracted it a month ago when the restaurants, hotels, bars, planes, offices and other close contact was still being practiced. Since it is politically incorrect to question these news reports they have an open market with their scare tactics.

I brought it up because if cops want to write citations for being out, as in the case I posted, they could walk down that line and cite every one of them. But I don't agree with any citing. Nor do I think anyone walking or driving about in my highly populated area is a threat. No more of a threat than being attacked by a coyote.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    There is a big difference between receiving a ticket and being jailed, Harold. For the purpose of this conversation, I am only interested in verified, validated accounts where someone was jailed for no reason but being out of their house.
    There isn't to me. Either way you end up hiring the same lawyer, end up in front of the same judge defending yourself against the same crime. So what is the big difference you see? Spending a night in jail or losing a few bucks on a bond?

Now if the cops were not taking you to jail, but instead, loaded folks on railroad cars, that would be entirely different!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast