Default Insurance Lapse

I paid my insurance late, but I was covered for all 6 months. Penndot says I had a lapse of 8 days and I either need to submit mv-221 saying the vehicle was not driven or surrender plates for 3 months. There has to be another option, please help.

Default Re: Insurance Lapse

Unless you can get the insurer to claim there was no lapse, your only options are to turn in the plates OR prove the vehicle wasn't driven.

Apparently there are other options.

You can provide acceptable proof of insurance within 30 days of the insurance cancellation date.
    Why can't your insurance company provide that documentation of continuous coverage for you?

In lieu of serving a registration suspension, you have the option to pay a civil penalty. The optional civil penalty fee is $500. Additionally, you are required to pay a restoration fee.
    Quotes are from

https://www.dmv.pa.gov/Information-C...istration.aspx

I assume if I used ezpass in that span, they can easily track my plate through photo booths and see I did use the car. Plus the penalties are very harsh for lying.

I will check with insurance company. In regards to civil penalty, that option was available online, but I also had backed up ezpass fines which I settled and paid off restoration fee as well. The option for lieu had disappeared on dmvs website. I know I probably sound like a mess, but I had financial issues and trying to settle all that mess now.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    You can provide acceptable proof of insurance within 30 days of the insurance cancellation date.
    That's only if you didn't have a lapse (or didn't drive). That 30-day thing is to show you were covered (like you switched insurers or were within their grace period).
    In lieu of serving a registration suspension, you have the option to pay a civil penalty. The optional civil penalty fee is $500. Additionally, you are required to pay a restoration fee.
    That you can do provided you haven't done it already in the past twelve months.

1. Sponsored Links