Default Hyundai Dealer Sold Me a 2018 Tucson Sel Select in 2018 but Not What I Drove Off with

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: FL

On Sept. 2018 I purchased a brand new 2018 SUV "Hyundai Tucson SEL Select" trim at the Hyundai Dealer. The MSRP sticker price posted on the vehicle also showed "SEL Select Trim" but I have come to find out through looking up my VIN number that the SUV I have is categorized under a lower trim "Value." Also, looking at reviews for the SEL Select a couple of the "standard options" for that trim are missing from the model I drove off the lot. The total price for the vehicle on the seller contract that I signed for financing shows $36,000 +

Is there anything I can do to get those features installed since I was sold the vehicle under the assumption that I was getting the SEL Select Trim or have I lost my rights when I signed the contract? Incidentally, the contract just mentions I bought the "Hyundai Tucson SUV" no trim mentioned. I do however still have the sticker price showing the SEL Select as the trim on the vehicle I bought.

Thank you.

Default Re: Hyundai Dealer Sold Me a 2018 Tucson Sel Select in 2018 but Not What I Drove Off

Does the Monroney sticker, the one from the window, list your car's VIN? Is the price on that sticker what you paid? Is your car's VIN on the purchase contract?

If the sticker has a different VIN, it sounds like someone messed up doing the prep and putting the stickers on the cars. It happens. After more than 18 months, your options will be severely limited and more likely completely non-existant.

I don't see an SEL select trim for the 2018 Tuscon and none of the trims MSRP'd for $36K so I'm assuming there was some dealer installed bloat included. Did you trade in a car that you were underwater on?
    I am the Mouse Man

Default Re: Hyundai Dealer Sold Me a 2018 Tucson Sel Select in 2018 but Not What I Drove Off

Is there anything I can do to get those features installed
    You can start by going back to the dealer and asking.

No way to predict the outcome.

The bad part is that your contract says you bought what you bought and you had the opportunity to check this stuff before signing the contract.

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources