Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Using a Right of Way or Easement for Leverage

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

Your question was if you can leverage against the fact that there is no recorded easement to buy land. I gave you three scenarios where the landlocked property might be able to get an easement or a public road without your cooperation.
    Yes I realize that. But what is it going to cost them? Will they come out money ahead by not selling me the portion of the property or if I agree to give them an easement then they ca sell the rest of it? Me agreeing to give them deeded easement is not going to free. Surveys etc. are going to cost them money not including attorney fees.

I understand your point. But you are not the one that will make that decision. It is the neighbor that has to figure out what is most cost effective.

Landlocked property will not sell at a price that accessible property will sell at because the buyer still has to spend money to gain access. That can be very significant.

Have you actually spoken with the owner and made a proposal? I suggest that you put a proposal in writing and send it to them.

Yes I have spoken to them. I even sent them a satellite view of the place and the part I want to buy. I have not told them about there not being an easement of record. They are still trying to decide on a realtor and what they want for it. I am going to let them approach me when the time comes that they need a deeded easement. None of them live in this area so it is hard to talk directly with them especially as a group. So we shall see.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2