Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Safety at Work with Coronavirus

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Texas

MY company is failing to provide means to protect ourselves from coronavirus, they had made a statement saying that hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes would be given, but every time I have addressed this, they continually say they are sin high demand. I have noted particularly work groups that have these items at their stations yet, I who represent the other work group do not have these items that were promised by our company. Which is understandable, but I feel I should not have to deplete my own resources at home or provide this out of my own pocket considering I face being furloughed in the future. We were told we could wear mask, but we had to provide them for ourselves, and they had to be "Neutral" in color. I have noted also that the CDC recommendations have not been followed by my company like social distancing and the prevention of using public transportation. The company also claims it is cleaning the environment that we are to work in and that has proved false because other workers as well as myself have not seen this performed and potentially exposing myself, team members and the customers at potential risk.

I asked the company about reimbursement, and these concerns, and my questions remained unanswered. After my 3rd attempt I was redirected to another person and I told the VP Head of our department, that I would like for them to answer the questions, in an email rather via phone, ( to keep a paper trail of what was said) they refused and finally the CEO and VP head of our department had another person sourced out to contact me via phone while at the doctors office, I asked for it in an email, I was declined and was told to call back on my own personal time off. I specifically wanted the safety information in writing as well as a document expressing my confers regarding my health and the safety of my well being as well as the company operating under false pretenses with an advertised a generalized statement saying it would adhere to certain cleaning standards.

Default Re: Safety at Work with Coronavirus

Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

Post history.

Quote Quoting sunshinekeeper
    View Post
    I specifically wanted the safety information in writing as well as a document expressing my confers regarding my health and the safety of my well being as well as the company operating under false pretenses with an advertised a generalized statement saying it would adhere to certain cleaning standards.
    Keep it up and you won't have to worry about any of that. You'll be at home practicing social distancing because you won't have a job.

Use some common sense and bring your own mask and hand sanitizer. Just make sure you keep your hand sanitizer in your pocket lest it be gone as soon as you turn your back on it.

Meantime, if the company restrooms have toilet paper, sneak some home with you.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Keep it up and you won't have to worry about any of that. You'll be at home practicing social distancing because you won't have a job.

Use some common sense and bring your own mask and hand sanitizer. Just make sure you keep your hand sanitizer in your pocket lest it be gone as soon as you turn your back on it.

Meantime, if the company restrooms have toilet paper, sneak some home with you.
    I have a legit concern for my health, so please don’t Harass Me, we are exposed to passengers and when flight are 200 pax full it’s a scary situation. What an insensitive comment, we have lost many people in our work group and many have tested positive for coronavirus, I’m showing symptoms and well as others i talk to day by day... have some sympathy, And don’t insult me about toilet paper.. while I’m risking my health while your cracking jokes...what do i cafe about a job if I’m dead or in hopital paying bills. And yes i ahve am underlying health condition but have to work so safety is a necessity for me right now.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.
    Can we bring a civil suit against our company, we have other employees and frrom other carriers, who are experiencing this issue on the planes as well as the fact we are testing positive for coronavirus, i have more details and would like to PM regarding... .

Also am i protected under osha whistle blowers act? If i believe my company is not operating Legitimately?

If you are showing symptoms you need to go home, self-quarantine and seek medical help.

Hey adjusterjack did you realize your a troll! life must be real hard in Phoenix being a miserable man who looks for peoples posts to harass them, i mean you spent your life in insurance... kind of boring if you ask me, plus you look like some white privileged daddy’s boy, and you sound judgmental and racist, it’s pretty easy to find your profile you leave a trail like a rusty old snail. I may not be an expert in law but Millennials are great on computers and tracking! I will say it’s sick when some are generally asking for help, and I’ve noted that you have dedicated your life to making people miserable and ridiculing them. I pray to god your heart changes because of you get coronavirus be thankful otherwise no one would have attended your funeral if you died of natural causes. My best friend is another coworker, who also had her health jeaoirdized, by negligence of our company, she is pregnant and Is being tested for coronavirus. Your a sick person, maybe have some sympathy and compassion in a time of a pandemic when so many are dying, maybe you deem my stat of being a “essential Employee” not so essential, well guess what i wish it were the case that i wasn’t and certain terms and contracts force me to go to work our company treats us like we are non-essential employees” yet a lot of us our risking our health and safety everyday while we have people with their “essential travel” While we operate and clearly not following OSHA’s guidelines or homeland security. Rather then ridicule them on a forum, why not help, your probably so miserable with your sad life that you get off on being a troll to people. May god help you in this grave time we face you fit the criteria of being old and having an underlying condition of being a cancer to society.

Some of the information contains information i have filed with osha and contacted homeland security. May i pm you?

First you insult Jack and then you want to discuss the issue with him privately?

That was a type o are you here to give me a hard time as well

[CENTER]

The Story of the Maple Tree
    Told by Bob Red Hawk
    Transcribed and translated into Lenape by Margret Lenfest Edited by Louise St. Amour
    Many, many moons ago one of the most beautiful trees around was the maple. And its roots reached deep into the earth and its branches reached high in the heavens. But at one time, a large group of bugs crawled into the maple’s bark. And it was itching the maple. It was driving the maple tree crazy. Cause even though the maple tree had many branches and shoots and roots it could not bend down and reach all parts of itself. So it called out to all its friends in the animal kingdom. It called out and said “Can someone please give me some relieve from all this itching.” So the beaver said “Well maple tree I can probably do it, but if I start chewing on your bark it’ll probably kill you. So that would not help you that much.” And then the little mouse said “Maple tree I can dig down into your roots and get my brothers the voles and the moles and the gophers but we’ll end up starting to kill your roots and that will kill you.” So then the bear said “Well maple tree I have these nice big claws I could start clawing at your bark but that will probably shred you up.” So then they are all trying to think. Finally one of the birds was flying by and it was a flicker. And the flicker said “Well maple tree I have a cousin. How about I get all these guys to come and their beaks are sharp and they can dig in you but they won’t hurt you.” So they called all of his woodpecker friends and they flew over and started pecking at the tree and got all the bugs out of him. The tree was so happy. And everything was going along nicely and all of a sudden for a couple of years there was very little rain. It got very dry and all of the animals were getting very thirsty. The creeks and rivers had all dried up and they did not know where to go. They were all bemoaning the fact and the maple tree heard them. And the maple tree said “You know the animals helped me the time I was suffering from all those bugs biting me I have an idea.” So he called to his friend the flicker again. And said “Flicker you helped me in my time of need I want to help you. Call up your woodpecker buddies again.” So they call the woodpecker buddies. And the maple tree said “Now I want you to peck deep into my bark and then wait for a second and soon some of my sap will run out and you can slake your thirst by drinking my sap.” So the woodpeckers tried it. And when they did the sap flowed from the maple tree. And that gift saved everybody until the next rain came and they were able to drink from the creeks again. And it was from that gift from the maple to the animals that man learned how to make maple syrup and how to tap those maple trees when the sap runs. Maple syrup was precious because man could make something sweet especially in the winter time time when there were not berries to pick and no sweet things to eat. That was the time when we really appreciated the gift of the maple tree.
    Lomewe
    long ago
    Wechephìka
    her roots
    wetuhona
    her branches
    ahpu
    it exists
    mexitkweyok
    they are deep
    hateyo
    ansikemes. Welesu.
    maple tree she is beautiful
    hakink ok
    in the ground and
    hukweyunk mushhakunk.
    they exist high in the sky

Shek kweten xaheli muxwesak pemuxsuwak wehokesemink.
    but once/one time many
    Na na ansikemes
    bugs they crawled
    kshipsun.
    she has an itch- sub.
    nachihku na
    they bother her the
    into her bark
    ansikemes.
    maple tree
    then the
    Nek
    those (anim)
    maple tree
    muxwesak
    Na ansikemes
    the maple tree
    shek ala
    but she cannot
    Na ansikemes
    the maple tree
    wulhatuna xeli tuhona
    she has them (inanim) many branches
    kwetenemen wemi tuhwepi.
    she touches it all her body
    pechimaok aesesak.
    she calls them to her animals
    ok chephika
    and roots
    Luwe,
    bugs
    “Ksi,
    ntala kewichemel.” Ok
    I cannot I help you And
    "Ansikemes nkaski olhe
    Maple tree I can (I) dig a hole
    ok newichemkuk nexisemesak
    and They help me my brothers
    shek xu nepolitunen
    but will we destroy them
    Na maxkw luwen,
    then bear he said-sub.
    she said
    someone give me aid
    please I am uncomfortable
    Sakomalsi.”
    shek sheshontamenane khokes
    luwe, “Ansikemes, kewinkwichemel,
    The beaver but if I chew it your bark
    he said
    konaet
    perhaps
    pukwestet
    little mouse
    awèn mili
    hnakewsewakan.
    Na tamakwe
    "Ansikemes nulhatuna xinkhwikahsha.
    Maple tree I have them big claws
    Nkaski keshewipxkonenel shek khokes
    I can
    Na
    then
    Ok
    And
    Xu
    I scratch your back but your bark will
    it is torn up
    will here
    shek xu
    but will
    Pweshewaok
    I bring them
    nteheyo. Xantki ulikwen pe.
    they think- sub
    na ulikwen
    the flicker
    yu tali mpeshuwaok.
    finally a flicker he comes
    he brought them
    ok kenthuwak
    and they flew
    muhkuwoo wemi
    they eat them all
    ok
    and
    takuu
    not
    keshinalkuk.”
    they hurt you
    wemi witisak
    all his friends
    ansikemesink
    onto the maple tree
    nek muxwesak.
    those bugs
    na
    then
    maple tree I like to help you
    knihelel.
    I kill you
    luwen,
    he said-sub.
    xapxuweyòk
    moles
    ok
    and
    xu
    kechephikank
    in your roots
    nek
    the (pl, anim)
    kechephikema,
    your roots
    ktankelch."
    you will die
    pikat.”
    luwe, “Ansikemes
    he said maple tree
    Kineyok
    they are sharp
    nulhalaok
    I have them
    welukonewoo
    their beaks
    alemiyok
    they began
    naxansak
    cousins
    Na hitukw winkhatenamu.
    the tree she is happy

Wemi keku welet.
    everything it is good
    Salàxki kahapan ok nek
    Suddenly there is a drought and the
    Nel sipuwa kaxkteyo ok nek
    aesesak
    animals
    aesesak
    animals
    katusemuwak.
    they are thirsty.
    The rivers
    ku uwatuweneyo
    they do not know it
    they are dry and the
    Wemi nel
    All the
    Ok na
    And the
    aesesak
    animals
    ansikemes
    maple tree
    ok na ansikemes pwentaok.
    and the maple tree she hears them.
    enta amexahuelintama.
    when I suffered-conj
    “Nek aesesak
    the animals
    Na ansikemes
    The maple tree
    Ok luwe
    And she said
    Mawen
    newichemkuk
    they helped me
    gather them up (anim)your friends
    nek kwehkwesak.”
    the woodpeckers
    tani
    where
    eyok a.
    they goshould.
    mwentamuwak
    they moan
    litehe,
    she thinks
    lapi pechimao na ulikwen.
    again she called him to her the flicker
    “Ulikwen
    flicker
    kitisak
    kewichemi ok yukwe kwichemel.
    Nek kwehkwesaka maeheleyok.
    the woodpeckers they assembled
    Ok na ansikemes luwe, “Yukwe kolhehemo
    nehokesink
    into my bark
    And the maple tree said
    ok kpetuneyo ok
    now
    xuniti
    you all dig a hole
    nehmukem ktepehele
    my blood it flows out
    and you all wait for it and soon
    ok kemeneneyo.”
    And you all drink it
    Nek kwehkwesak kwechilahtuneyo.
    The woodpeckers they try it
    Ok na ansikemes wichemaok.
    Ok
    And
    lapi.
    again.
    nek
    the
    mweneneneyo.
    they drink it.
    And the maple tree
    ok kaski meneyok
    and can they drink
    she helps them
    sipuwank
    at the rivers
    after a while
    aesesak
    animals
    shukëli
    Owiyee lenuwàk
    noxalawoo
    they watch them
    sepi shukel.
    maple sugar
    wulhatuneyo
    it rains
    ok wtelituneyo.
    and they do it
    mehemichink luwanink.
    Later men
    Ahpashèke
    it is precious
    Lenuwak
    men
    ne
    the (inan)
    yukwe kaski
    now can
    they have it-sub
    sweet (adj) food in the winter
    you helped me
    and now
    I help you
    Matanake sukelan

recipe that I use to make a version of Mexican 'Queso Fresco' and the same recipe for Homemade Ricotta Cheese."

Save to favorites
    Save

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ingredients

2498On Sale

What's on sale near you.

On

Albertsons
    1500 S Belt Line Rd
    MESQUITE, TX 75149

• 1 gallon whole milkLactaid 100% Lactose Free Fat Free Milk 0.5 Gal

$3.79 for 1 item - expires in 2 days

• 1/4 cup white or cider vinegar

• 1 pinch salt
    • Add all ingredients to list

Directions

• Prep
      45 m
    • Cook
      1 h
    • Ready In
      1 h 45 m

• Pour the milk into a large pot, and heat until the temperature reaches 195 degrees F (90 degrees C), or almost boiling. Stir constantly to prevent scorching on the bottom of the pot. When the milk reaches the temperature, remove from the heat, and stir in the vinegar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
    • Line a strainer with cheesecloth, and set over the sink or a large pot or bowl. The milk should separate into a white solid part, and a yellowish liquid (whey). Stir the salt into the milk, then pour through the cloth-lined strainer. Let the curds continue to drain in the strainer for 1 hour. Discard the whey.
    • After the cheese has finished draining, pat into a ball, and remove from the cheese cloth. Wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Fresh cheese will usually last about a week.

Nutrition Facts

Per Serving: 98 calories; 5.3 g fat; 7.4 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 65 mg sodium. Full nutrition

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting sunshinekeeper
    View Post
    Hey adjusterjack did you realize your a troll! life must be real hard in Phoenix being a miserable man who looks for peoples posts to harass them, i mean you spent your life in insurance... kind of boring if you ask me, plus you look like some white privileged daddy’s boy, and you sound judgmental and racist, it’s pretty easy to find your profile you leave a trail like a rusty old snail. I may not be an expert in law but Millennials are great on computers and tracking! I will say it’s sick when some are generally asking for help, and I’ve noted that you have dedicated your life to making people miserable and ridiculing them. I pray to god your heart changes because of you get coronavirus be thankful otherwise no one would have attended your funeral if you died of natural causes. My best friend is another coworker, who also had her health jeaoirdized, by negligence of our company, she is pregnant and Is being tested for coronavirus. Your a sick person, maybe have some sympathy and compassion in a time of a pandemic when so many are dying, maybe you deem my stat of being a “essential Employee” not so essential, well guess what i wish it were the case that i wasn’t and certain terms and contracts force me to go to work our company treats us like we are non-essential employees” yet a lot of us our risking our health and safety everyday while we have people with their “essential travel” While we operate and clearly not following OSHA’s guidelines or homeland security. Rather then ridicule them on a forum, why not help, your probably so miserable with your sad life that you get off on being a troll to people. May god help you in this grave time we face you fit the criteria of being old and having an underlying condition of being a cancer to society.

Some of the information contains information i have filed with osha and contacted homeland security. May i pm you?
    This is utterly pointless. There is no requirement for anyone here to be more than minimally courteous (yours certainly doesn't meet that bar) and the post that has your knickers in a knot was not rude, it stated facts of life with a bit of tongue in cheek humor, something that you'll need to survive in the world. You show signs of another Millennial trait, however, you're thin skinned. Your rant about AJ says far more about you than it does about him.

I can't see how it's a requirement of law that an employer provide you with masks and hand sanitizer. Additionally, if those in the medical field cannot get them why on earth do you think your employer would be able to? As to harassing corporate management, well, that won't do you anything good either.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast