Default Visits During Covid-19

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Maryland

Just a quick question, a few details first. I have 100% legal and physical custody of my daughter, we have a court order in place that states my daughter goes for a visit every other Sunday from 9-6 and the grand parents have to be home. Maryland is not on complete lock down right now, we are told to Quarantine and social distance, essential jobs only are open.

My question, only cause it's happened before in weird times, is if I send my daughter and they don't give her back, with the courts being on skeleton crews and not open to the public right now, what will happen. I have sole custody, so as grandparents and the mom they shouldn't have a right to keep her but how can I enforce that? Just trust her to do the right thing?

I can see them trying to pull something like, she has a fever she can't leave or saying someone there has a fever and they don't want her leaving and she needs to quarantine in place?

Thanks

Default Re: Visits During Covid-19

You already know the answer. If they keep her there isn't likely anything you can do about it until the court is available to punish them.

I doubt if the police will respond to this kind of thing during the crisis.

Quote Quoting TaylorsDad
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Maryland

Just a quick question, a few details first. I have 100% legal and physical custody of my daughter, we have a court order in place that states my daughter goes for a visit every other Sunday from 9-6 and the grand parents have to be home. Maryland is not on complete lock down right now, we are told to Quarantine and social distance, essential jobs only are open.

My question, only cause it's happened before in weird times, is if I send my daughter and they don't give her back, with the courts being on skeleton crews and not open to the public right now, what will happen. I have sole custody, so as grandparents and the mom they shouldn't have a right to keep her but how can I enforce that? Just trust her to do the right thing?

I can see them trying to pull something like, she has a fever she can't leave or saying someone there has a fever and they don't want her leaving and she needs to quarantine in place?

Thanks
    Only you know how far the mom and grandparents might go...and therefore what is an acceptable risk for you to take. While its wrong to disobey a court order, you have sole legal and physical custody for a reason. I might be tempted to take the risk of denying a single visitation in a crisis like this one.

1. Sponsored Links