Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Governor Using Lockdown

My question involves civil rights in the State of: IL

This is ridiculous 😠

This virus has been exposed as a Bio-Weapon according to guests on Info-Wars. The virus according to Professor Frances Boyle, is a man-made bio weapon. It is not as lethal as media hype makes it out to be. Also the military grade 5G network affects people , both causing various ailments.

Anyways, it seems Democrats are using this epidemic to lockdown states and towns , which resembles Nazi Germany behavior, using fear driven citizens to stay a house prisoner.

It's already a vioaltion of federal law to keep people from assembling together.

Quarantines are wrong. Unconstitutional.

Also it's a violation to keep people home bound unless they have made to do so by a judge and jury.

Courts are all closed, city hall as well. It's insane .

It's hurting banks, small businesses.

People need to come together , petition and Sue their governor's for this abusive behaviors after everything re-opens and lockdowns end!

Default Re: Governor Using Lockdown

First off, I suggest you get a grip on reality from someplace other than Info-Wars which continually spouts unfounded and universally discredited conspiracy theories.

Alas, you are also deluded about the Constitution. You're making up principals that do not exist. There's no requirement that liberty be determined by "judge and jury." The Constitution (both the Federal and Illinois h ave the same wording here) only guarantees "due process."

The state and local government doesn't have any obligation to open their offices and courts if they chose not to (barring some law that says they must).

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    First off, I suggest you get a grip on reality from someplace other than Info-Wars which continually spouts unfounded and universally discredited conspiracy theories.

Alas, you are also deluded about the Constitution. You're making up principals that do not exist. There's no requirement that liberty be determined by "judge and jury." The Constitution (both the Federal and Illinois h ave the same wording here) only guarantees "due process."

The state and local government doesn't have any obligation to open their offices and courts if they chose not to (barring some law that says they must).
    On top of that blaming it on the Democrats is absurd. This has clearly been shown to be a bipartisan issue.

Quote Quoting 007green
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: IL

This is ridiculous ��

This virus has been exposed as a Bio-Weapon according to guests on Info-Wars.
    Guests who don't really know what they are talking about and like stoking wild conspiracy theories. Maybe those guests truly believe what they are peddling, but it is certainly not true that the claim has been "proven". Rather, the best current evidence available suggests it was natural and not man made. In any event, the virus exists and the true danger of it is not yet fully known. The problem for the government is that it has the potential to be really bad. So the prudent thing to do is to take steps to guard against that. It may later prove to be less serious than that potential, but until we know that it's better to be safe.

Quote Quoting 007green
    View Post
    It's already a vioaltion of federal law to keep people from assembling together.

Quarantines are wrong. Unconstitutional.
    Wrong on both counts. The Constitution's right of free assembly is not absolute. None of the rights in the Constitution are absolute. The Supreme Court has held that the right of assembly can be regulated by the government when there is a compelling state interest, like protecting the health and safety of the public. Quarantine laws, so long as they are no broader than is needed to deal with the public health risk, are indeed constitutional. The fact that the courts themselves are closing, often on the order of the state Supreme Courts themselves, ought to tell you that the courts are not going to object to most of these efforts to contain the virus. There may prove to be some officials who do overstep their authority in their zeal to protect the public, but to say that none of what the government is doing to combat the virus is illegal is simply wrong.

I suppose what you are asking in essence 007, is, do Executive Orders of Governor's have the Force of law with civil or criminal penalties for non compliance??

This is a Public Health crisis, not an EO to postpone an election. A complaint in Mandamus was filed in Ohio with the OSC, concerning the Woods County election, under Original Jurisdiction, to void the EO. The WRIT was denied.

Even the Constitution permits the suspension of Habeas Corpus if the public safety requires it!

If you wish to file suit to block your Governor's EO, now is the time, not later. Be prepared to loose if you do.

The Right to assemble does not authorize spreading the Black death, if you will.

To the OP -

Greetings from the heart of the lockdown.

I am in California. Yesterday, the Governor directed that all Californians remain at home and not venture out except as needed for essential services (food, medicine, work in essential jobs, etc.) Violation is a crime under several obscure sections of the Health and Safety Code.

Today I ventured out on roughly a 60 mile drive to forage for food. No jackbooted thugs stopped me to inquire where I was going or what I was doing outside the confines of house arrest. (It was nice not to have to fight freeway traffic). There were many people like myself out, similarly seeking food and medicine. None were being bothered by big brother for doing so.

I'm not too bothered by all this (but I am annoyed that everyone is out of toilet paper).

Quote Quoting L-1
    View Post
    I'm not too bothered by all this (but I am annoyed that everyone is out of toilet paper).
    Buy the New York Times.

The Governor's lockdown did not apparently come with any orders to make arrests, but a message that he expected residents would do the right thing and stay put except when absolutely necessary. Not to mention the fact that the police here have been told NOT to arrest people, and jails are releasing prisoners and not accepting new bookings unless they are for certain violent felonies. The order of the day is to cite-and-release for misdemeanors, and release and "long form" (i.e. write a report and submit for a warrant) for felonies.

My eldest son who lives in L.A. was stopped by the LAPD on Thursday for walking across the street to a convenience store/gas station for food. He's coming home because he's now afraid to leave his apartment and he's already been told to work from home. From what I've seen on law enforcement sites, it seems that the police in some cities have been given marching orders to detain people out and about without good cause in spite of the fact there's really nothing that can be done about it.

I'm one of those jackbooted thugs and we have received no orders to stop or harass people who are out in defiance of the governor's orders. It appears to be a local phenomena in those cities where the mayors have decided to crack down. The irony being that a couple of those cities - San Jose and Los Angeles - have mayors that historically and publicly oppose the police when possible. But, now, when they can be used as a tool, they turn to them. I suspect Sacramento is next, and I am surprised I have not yet heard such tales from San Francisco.

In the meantime, I am self-quarantined because of my exposure via my in-laws (who have developed symptoms of COVID and been ordered quarantined but not yet tested), so my wife and I are stuck at home together. She's cleaning, and I'm staying out of her way.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    The Governor's lockdown did not apparently come with any orders to make arrests, but a message that he expected residents would do the right thing and stay put except when absolutely necessary. Not to mention the fact that the police here have been told NOT to arrest people, and jails are releasing prisoners and not accepting new bookings unless they are for certain violent felonies. The order of the day is to cite-and-release for misdemeanors, and release and "long form" (i.e. write a report and submit for a warrant) for felonies.

My eldest son who lives in L.A. was stopped by the LAPD on Thursday for walking across the street to a convenience store/gas station for food. He's coming home because he's now afraid to leave his apartment and he's already been told to work from home. From what I've seen on law enforcement sites, it seems that the police in some cities have been given marching orders to detain people out and about without good cause in spite of the fact there's really nothing that can be done about it.

I'm one of those jackbooted thugs and we have received no orders to stop or harass people who are out in defiance of the governor's orders. It appears to be a local phenomena in those cities where the mayors have decided to crack down. The irony being that a couple of those cities - San Jose and Los Angeles - have mayors that historically and publicly oppose the police when possible. But, now, when they can be used as a tool, they turn to them. I suspect Sacramento is next, and I am surprised I have not yet heard such tales from San Francisco.

In the meantime, I am self-quarantined because of my exposure via my in-laws (who have developed symptoms of COVID and been ordered quarantined but not yet tested), so my wife and I are stuck at home together. She's cleaning, and I'm staying out of her way.
    Carl, you could help your wife clean. Just an idea. Take care.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Carl, you could help your wife clean. Just an idea. Take care.
    I try and she tells me to "Move." So, I do other things. Apparently I am not as efficient as she is, or, I lack the same vision.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast