Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Pitbull Attacked Our Shihtzu. Owner Grabbed His Dog and Fled

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    No dogs, not even pit bulls, attack without cause. There is always a cause. It may be something unsympathetic like territorialism, but there is always a cause. While I agree that all dogs need to be trained to be good citizens, my personal belief is that most dogs who tend to attack, have been trained to do so.
    I suppose that is true. But with psychopaths, pedophiles, serial killers and pit bulls we don't care what their "cause" is for the bad things they do. It is an unacceptable and irrelevant cause at the very least.

As for being "trained to attack," some dogs are natural lovers of strangers and some naturally hate them. So yes, most dog breeds come with innate characters that are not taught. Wouldn't you agree.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I suppose that is true. But with psychopaths, pedophiles, serial killers and pit bulls we don't care what their "cause" is for the bad things they do. It is an unacceptable and irrelevant cause at the very least.

As for being "trained to attack," some dogs are natural lovers of strangers and some naturally hate them. So yes, most dog breeds come with innate characters that are not taught. Wouldn't you agree.
    I don't really agree with you. Yes, just as with humans there are always going to be a tiny percentage of truly bad dogs...and they won't be confined to just one breed, just as the truly bad people are not confined to one race. The rest has to do with training and nurturing.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I don't really agree with you. Yes, just as with humans there are always going to be a tiny percentage of truly bad dogs...and they won't be confined to just one breed, just as the truly bad people are not confined to one race. The rest has to do with training and nurturing.
    Ah, I think you do see my point. You said there was a cause for dogs to attack indiscriminately. I said, just as with bad people, we don't care what that cause is. We will euthanize them for attacking us.

You should also agree that animals are born with instincts that cause certain behavioral traits, while humans are born with next to no instincts. These instincts that cause traits are clear and distinct between different dog (and all animal) breeds or species. Any dog lover should know this. And I assume you do because it has already been said the owners should have trained their pit bulls not to attack strangers. Also, I do not believe for a second that a pit bull has ever been taught to attack children, yet they do...and I am a witness to it.

Humans and animals are born with screws loose in their heads. We don't teach pedophiles to rape children, nor are we concerned with why they do it. I believe rapists, abusers, gays, nice people, bad people and pit bulls are mainly born that way. Most predators and carnivores are unpredictable, yet most dog breeds have had that trained out of their lineage. When someone says a pit bull needs training not to rip children's faces off, it is also being said they are born that way. And, since we cannot expect all pit bull owners to do an effective job of subduing that trait, then all pit bulls should be suspect of not getting that necessary training. IOW, for good measure, they should all be feared.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Ah, I think you do see my point. You said there was a cause for dogs to attack indiscriminately. I said, just as with bad people, we don't care what that cause is. We will euthanize them for attacking us.

You should also agree that animals are born with instincts that cause certain behavioral traits, while humans are born with next to no instincts. These instincts that cause traits are clear and distinct between different dog (and all animal) breeds or species. Any dog lover should know this. And I assume you do because it has already been said the owners should have trained their pit bulls not to attack strangers. Also, I do not believe for a second that a pit bull has ever been taught to attack children, yet they do...and I am a witness to it.

Humans and animals are born with screws loose in their heads. We don't teach pedophiles to rape children, nor are we concerned with why they do it. I believe rapists, abusers, gays, nice people, bad people and pit bulls are mainly born that way. Most predators and carnivores are unpredictable, yet most dog breeds have had that trained out of their lineage. When someone says a pit bull needs training not to rip children's faces off, it is also being said they are born that way. And, since we cannot expect all pit bull owners to do an effective job of subduing that trait, then all pit bulls should be suspect of not getting that necessary training. IOW, for good measure, they should all be feared.
    When someone says a pit bull needs training not to rip children's faces off, it is also being said they are born that way.
    To be clear, this is what YOU said. No one else said this.

Additionally, there are numerous dogs that have a higher incidence of biting than pit bulls. German shepherds, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Dachshunds and more.

According to many canine societies, such as the American Temperament Test Society, pit bull's perform better in tests of temperament than other popular breeds, such as chihuahuas (imagine if one of the were as large as a pitty), border collies and beagles.

It has been demonstrated, over and over, that many dog attacks, including pit bulls, are the result of little to no training and socialization. This means that they are largely preventable and demonstrates that your contentions are incorrect.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    To be clear, this is what YOU said. No one else said this.

Additionally, there are numerous dogs that have a higher incidence of biting than pit bulls. German shepherds, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Dachshunds and more.

According to many canine societies, such as the American Temperament Test Society, pit bull's perform better in tests of temperament than other popular breeds, such as chihuahuas (imagine if one of the were as large as a pitty), border collies and beagles.

It has been demonstrated, over and over, that many dog attacks, including pit bulls, are the result of little to no training and socialization. This means that they are largely preventable and demonstrates that your contentions are incorrect.
    Saying other dogs attack indiscriminately is like a murderer saying "well, your honor, other people murder too."

Those dogs have a screw loose and we cannot rely on training and socialization to keep us and our pets safe from them.

Free Consultation Help Now!

Attorney.com will match you with interested attorneys offering free consultations. Please call or use our Free Consultation Form to describe your case to qualified local attorneys.

Describe Your Case(or call toll free for help: 877-991-0257).
    Start the attorney search by entering your contact and case information.
    We Search For YouOur team will find interested local attorneys and email you with their contact information.
    24/7 Attorney MatchingQualified attorneys available now, protect your rights, get legal answers.

Call Toll Free: 877-991-0257
    or Send Free Consultation Form
    Start Your Free Consultation.Our top attorney matching service will quickly connect you with qualified attorneys.
    Name:

Email:

Phone:

Case Location:

Describe Your Case:
    By submitting this attorney request, I confirm I have read and agree to the Consent to Receive Email, Phone, Text Messages, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. Information sent is not privileged or confidential.

Home | Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Attorney.com 2020

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4