Default Suspended Expired License After Licensed in Another State

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Florida

Long story short. Florida suspended my Florida Driver's license in November 2006.
    I had my Tennessee Driver's license in June 2004 and my Florida Driver's license expired in November 2004.

It was suspended for points. How can they suspend an expired license especially when I have a valid license at the time and still in another state. I did not know it was suspended until I tried to get my STAR ID now Florida says I have to take a 12 hour class and pay a reinstatement fee.

This is not right, do I have anything to stand on or am I stuck and have to do what Florida says.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Suspended Expired License After Licensed in Another State

Florida can suspend your driving privilege in their state no matter what other state you might have a license in. If your license in Florida is suspended, that means you cannot drive in Florida no matter what other state you might be licensed in.

If your issue is that you are now in TN and the FL suspension is holding something up in TN, then it becomes a different sort of bureaucratic hell.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links