Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Car Towed, Expired Tag (but Only the Tag)

No one knows why the car was towed. The OP says it was because of the expired tags, but that's probably NOT the reason since that should require the police to do so and is almost certainly not applicable on private property. That means that it is probably part of the CC&Rs, or, some contract with the tow company by the apartment management to enforce said regs. It may BE bogus, but, we don't know because we don't have any follow-up info from the OP. To say that you could beat this without knowing any info is more than a tad premature.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: Car Towed, Expired Tag (but Only the Tag)

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    No one knows why the car was towed. The OP says it was because of the expired tags, but that's probably NOT the reason since that should require the police to do so and is almost certainly not applicable on private property. That means that it is probably part of the CC&Rs, or, some contract with the tow company by the apartment management to enforce said regs. It may BE bogus, but, we don't know because we don't have any follow-up info from the OP. To say that you could beat this without knowing any info is more than a tad premature.
    Juries that decide a person's fate rarely ever have all the information either, yet they come up with a verdict anyway because they are not allowed to ask questions. Yet they are held to be the supreme deciders of our justice system. With this situation, both tow companies and HOA's are typically as corrupt and ignorant as they come. I am going with what information we have just like a jury does.

It may be premature to say I could beat it, but with my illegal parking case, all I had to do was read the whole section on towing in the vehicle code. Speaking to local cops and reading the towing laws would beat this tow IMO. CC&R's cannot violate state laws. If they only want registered cars on their property, tags are not the way to determine that. Similarly: If they only want employed people to live there, providing a W-2 is not the only way to determine that.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2