Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: International Driverís License

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Irrelevant to the OP's situation. What happened on some video somewhere at some time is hardly relevant here.

And it sounds like the cops in those videos needed a bit more training.
    Filming real cops doing this exact stop, and getting schooled, is hardly irrelevant to the OP's situation.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Filming real cops doing this exact stop, and getting schooled, is hardly irrelevant to the OP's situation.
    Not sure how a driver's license is the same as registration ... but, if they seem similar to you, I guess won't convince you otherwise.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Not sure how a driver's license is the same as registration ... but, if they seem similar to you, I guess won't convince you otherwise.
    Incase you did not know what I said, and you are just trying to throw any dig out there, it is that there is video evidence all over the internet of cops pulling over out-of-country cars and drivers that do not know the laws surrounding them. Now of course you will claim that you and every cop you have ever met know all these laws intimately, but many do not know them.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Incase you did not know what I said, and you are just trying to throw any dig out there, it is that there is video evidence all over the internet of cops pulling over out-of-country cars and drivers that do not know the laws surrounding them. Now of course you will claim that you and every cop you have ever met know all these laws intimately, but many do not know them.
    We have zero reason to think this was a car that was not registered in the US.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    We have zero reason to think this was a car that was not registered in the US.
    In case you have never been pulled over, they most commonly ask for three items. Not one.

Sorry you got confused.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    In case you have never been pulled over, they most commonly ask for three items. Not one.

Sorry you got confused.

I'm not confused. You are. It matters not what the police asked for. She was ticketed for not having a driver's license.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I'm not confused. You are. It matters not what the police asked for. She was ticketed for not having a driver's license.
    Allow me to connect the dots for you. If many police do not understand the complex, temporary import, registration and insurance requirements and paperwork of foreign vehicles in this country, they likely do not understand laws regarding out of country driver's licenses either.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Allow me to connect the dots for you. If many police do not understand the complex, temporary import, registration and insurance requirements and paperwork of foreign vehicles in this country, they likely do not understand laws regarding out of country driver's licenses either.
    Eh? It's pretty simple. You establish residence in NY, you need a NY license.

Can't even tell you the last time I was asked for a registration (or insurance). Computers are wonderful things in this day and age.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Eh? It's pretty simple. You establish residence in NY, you need a NY license.
    Define 'residence' and all the exceptions.

Can't even tell you the last time I was asked for a registration (or insurance). Computers are wonderful things in this day and age.
    Cops still ask for them even thought they can check it on their dash monitor. It's one more violation they can write you up for.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Define 'residence' and all the exceptions.
    Attending school and working is residence by all definitions that matter here. Further, your arguments are specious. The officer is not obliged to know all the exceptions. All he needs is probable cause. Other than being in the military, there are NO exceptions.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast